• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

DaneCom

Dane County fire/ems is paging both on 158.775 and 155.8425 (new DaneCom paging frequency). Sometime around December 10, 158.775 will no longer be used for paging

sjgostovich

Premium Subscriber
Are there any law enforcement agencies using this TRS yet? I'll be down there next month so any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Are there any law enforcement agencies using this TRS yet? I'll be down there next month so any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Madison City PD/FIre runs on their own 800's, and arent part of dane com. It looks like Dane Com Does have their sherrif's and Local PD's on it. It has the fire talk groups, but not the paging channel. DaneCom Trunking System, Madison, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies

Im not sure if they still have the VHF sheriff frequencies in use or not. It still shows that it does.

The TRS will not be operational for several months yet...they are still working out several issues with the system.

The TRS will not be operational for several months yet...they are still working out several issues with the system.
Several months? More like 60+ days and that's only for the full switch over. You should see users starting to populate the system starting next month.

Dane Co Sheriff (155.655) is simulcasting on 13001. I live in downtown Madison and it sounds horrible, I'm not sure if its the simulcast or the patch but it is essentially unlistenable.

Dane Co Sheriff (155.655) is simulcasting on 13001. I live in downtown Madison and it sounds horrible, I'm not sure if its the simulcast or the patch but it is essentially unlistenable.
It sounds like a patch of some sorts.