Danville VA Police New Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

New Danville City Radio TRS Systems

Danville Va Police has installed a new radio system. Does any one know what the frequency is?

The Danville City government in past years has had a number of different radio systems.

Wade your way through these new FCC trs licenses all of which will have analog and NXDN/NEXEDGE emission operating capability. Wanna bet which mode they will be using?

Here are three of their latest licenses:

WQWP940
WQWU959
WQWW659

John
W4UVV

W4UVV

One method to id a licensee's authorized emission mode(s)

I do I find out the system type? I an new to this.

Thanks

There are different methods which can be used. The method I prefer is within the target callsign license select the"emission" field and note its' contents. Next using the latest version of the "Emission Designator List" from the below APCO website compare the license's emission code(s) to a match(es) on the list. In time some of the more frequently licensed emissions easily can be recalled from memory and checking the EDL every time isn't required.

https://www.apcointl.org/spectrum-management/resources/licensing-links/emission-designators.html

John
W4UVV

lhays

Danville, Va Police

Great, Now I know its a 4K00F1W 6.25 kHz voice and data NXDN (Narrow IDAS, NEXEDGE).
If I could just figure out how to setup the Sentinel software for the BCD536HP I would have it made.

lhays

Danville, Va Police

Which system should I pick?

P25 Trunk
P25 X2-TDMA
P25 One Frequency
Motorola
Moto TRBO Trunk
DMR One Frequency
EDACS
LTR
Conventional

Thanks

W4UVV

If interested try this

Great, Now I know its a 4K00F1W 6.25 kHz voice and data NXDN (Narrow IDAS, NEXEDGE).
If I could just figure out how to setup the Sentinel software for the BCD536HP I would have it made.

Unfortunately the 536 does not support decoding NXDN/NEXEDGE systems. Uniden has posted a planned upgrade in the near future for DMR MOTOTRBO reception for an additional charge but no mention I am aware of also providing NXDN/NEXEDGE decoding in the future. You can program them as conventional frequencies but unless Danville operates in the unencrypted analog mode you won't hear anything..

About 4 years ago I configured a homemade system to receive MOTOTRBO and NXDN/NEXEDGE transmissions. It involved time, expense and equipment modification not recommended for the non-technically inclined. For further information on this subject read the appropriate RR forums which include the ones related to Digital Software.

John
W4UVV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.