Darien EMS / Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
After re-reading the article it is a little confusing. Not sure if SW CMED is going to just dispatch the Fire Department or both fire and ems. I guess we will find out on October 1st.!

APX7500X2

SW CMED is becoming what South Central was

You got that right.!!

Its a shame, Southwest Used to be a great dispatch center but over the last 5 years is just becoming worse and worse.

Northwest isn't far behind, Again a shame as they used to be top notch. Rumor has it 3 or 4 services are looking at leaving Northwest soon, that could create another KX type meltdown for Northwest

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Northwest cmed just moved to downtown waterbury and now dispatches waterbury pd and fd, i know soneone who is a big shot down there if i run into him ill ask about any rumors of anyone leaving or any new services coming aboard

APX7500X2

Northwest cmed just moved to downtown waterbury and now dispatches waterbury pd and fd, i know soneone who is a big shot down there if i run into him ill ask about any rumors of anyone leaving or any new services coming aboard

The town's are talking about going back to their respective PD dispatch centers.
Its sad when the PD dispatch centers are looking better than Northwest LOL

firerick- Northwest Doesn't dispatch Waterbury YET. its on Hold right now From what I hear from some of the Waterbury cops its total chaos and they don't think it will ever work!

APX7500X2

APX, doesn't have anything to do with that dispatcher fiasco about a month ago does it? (shooting call)

No 2 Different things................I was going to defend the Northwest Dispatchers and say maybe things are to busy, but after hanging out in Orange yesterday and listening to the valley services with some girl dispatching....you can't defend how bad she was, it was like she was doing something else and the units calling in were disrupting her (for 8 hours), or she is training and no one is correcting her poor performance.
She was short keying, and echoing back the units but with the wrong things, Something you would never hear from Northwest a year ago.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
No 2 Different things................I was going to defend the Northwest Dispatchers and say maybe things are to busy, but after hanging out in Orange yesterday and listening to the valley services with some girl dispatching....you can't defend how bad she was, it was like she was doing something else and the units calling in were disrupting her (for 8 hours), or she is training and no one is correcting her poor performance.
She was short keying, and echoing back the units but with the wrong things, Something you would never hear from Northwest a year ago.

Its hardly fair to judge on 8 hours of listening, Northwest just made a big move and is working with new equipment, maybe a little leeway is in order.
Add Waterbury to that and it is a lot to handle.
To be fair I also have caught the rumor of services wanting to move, but it was 2 and its a long way from happening.
The Valley is infamous for its rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.