Data bursts 155.670

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering if anyone with a digital radio can identify the source of the data bursts which have recently appeared on 155.670 in the southeastern part of Pa.

Thanks.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Every now and then I'll hear a PA State Police (Philadelphia or Media?) radio check on that frequency around shift starting time.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Every now and then I'll hear a PA State Police (Philadelphia or Media?) radio check on that frequency around shift starting time.

Hello Soberbyker, yes it is the "old" state police channel B base. It is still used by Phila, Avondale, and a few other barracks within range of my antenna.
The digital transmissions have started recently and are not exactly booming in. They are short one second or so bursts timed out evenly at about the same rate that a telephone rings, with longer transmissions occurring at random times.
Now I am wondering if anyone else can hear them also.

captclint

Mentor
The digital transmissions have started recently and are not exactly booming in. They are short one second or so bursts timed out evenly at about the same rate that a telephone rings, with longer transmissions occurring at random times.
The same thing is happening on Ch D Troop F or G.. There is also analog repeater traffic from Montoursville PSP troop F & some troop G on 154.6650

Last edited:

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Hello Soberbyker, yes it is the "old" state police channel B base. It is still used by Phila, Avondale, and a few other barracks within range of my antenna.

Thanks, I was on my laptop when I responded and knew it was PSP just not which one as I didn't have my list in front of me and I'm in the middle of the two. I'll hear a couple of cars and the base each morning do the radio check and nothing else, no data bursts. I have been picking up some static, like a transmission on a channel too far away, on the car to car and tac channels too.

drmiller1

ref: data busts

this may not be related, but 156.675 starting about 2 weeks ago stays in a state of static. squelch adjustment has no effect on it. this is in southern Delaware.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me for resurrecting this thread, but I have been trying to ID this station and still am unable to nail it down.
I have gathered more information since original post. These transmissions are DMR with negative polarity, color code 13, sometimes encrypted but mostly not.
The signals are too weak for me to decode voice but the aforementioned information does appear when using DMR decode as well as DSD+.

Can anyone else copy this signal in the southeast Pennsylvania area?

Maybe someone with a better antenna running a tapped scanner and appropriate software can get a good copy and provide more information on this rogue signal.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
155.670 is Stone Harbor, NJ Pd- Mototrbo cc 13 slot 2 with Privacy
155.670 is Avalon, NJ Pd- Mototrbo cc 11 slot 1 with Privacy

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
The PSP helicopters used to transmit what would sound a lot like MODAT over their VHF channels. Not sure if that's the same thing you are hearing. I was told that it was some sort of transponder.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that, but, wildbillx nailed it. It is the towns along the Jersey shore. I never researched them further than the FCC emissions designators. Once I saw they were not digital but telephony. (which seem to be not proper for dmr)

Status
Not open for further replies.