Data Removal Policy Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
As of 5/19/2008 - RadioReference.com will no longer remove data from the database unless ordered to by an official court order (of jurisdiction). In addition, previously restricted or removed data will no longer be subject to removal.

The database administrators will be "unlocking" any previously restricted data.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please click the "Help Desk" link at the top and contact me directly.

Lindsay

bezking

Excellent Lindsay!

[I give up - there was a picture here but the darned limit on size prevents me from putting it back.]

Last edited:

WouffHong

Vote for Lindsay!

Amen, and AMEN, BROTHER!!!!

Would you consider running for President??

:) :) :)

Tom
(fixed it :) )

blantonl said:
As of 5/19/2008 - RadioReference.com will no longer remove data from the database unless ordered to by an official court order (of jurisdiction). In addition, previously restricted or removed data will no longer be subject to removal.

The database administrators will be "unlocking" any previously restricted data.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please click the "Help Desk" link at the top and contact me directly.

Lindsay

Last edited:

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
But what if the data is incorrect? I have requested that corrections be made to the system that I manage on a number of occassions and was done without question.

Will the DB administrators remove incorrect submissions if noted by a person of authority over the system without a court order?

b52hbuff

blantonl said:

I am very pleased with this decision. I've been stashing away RR.com data for fear other sites would be removed.

If I may be so bold to ask...What is the issue that drove the change? Most people want to 'minimize risk', but you seem to be making a risky move here. Did your lawyer tell you that you weren't liable for information on the site?

WouffHong

Mr vs Ms..

Mea Culpa - I have obviously become confused by Media Lindsay-Lohan-addicts, I guess. :)

Sorry, Lindsay - the III should have been a clue! :)

Lindsay: please edit "Sister" to "Brother" ASAP! :)

(Never-mind - I found I was able to do it :) :) )
Tom

bezking said:
Nope - Mr. Lindsay Blanton is the webmaster of this site.

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Great news

This is great news. Why not take it a step further and make the currently "locked" data only available to PAID members? That would keep casual browsing eyes from even seeing it and being able to complain (without joining).

That's my $0.02.

WouffHong

Nyet!

Why penalize those of us who have donated in the past, but who are now doing without the great extras of the paid membership because of personal reasons, (e.g. now on SS income only) and will again donate when conditions allow?

My .03 :)

Tom
http://rettysnitch.org ;=)

gmclam said:
This is great news. Why not take it a step further and make the currently "locked" data only available to PAID members? That would keep casual browsing eyes from even seeing it and being able to complain (without joining).

That's my $0.02.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
b52hbuff said:
If I may be so bold to ask...What is the issue that drove the change? Most people want to 'minimize risk', but you seem to be making a risky move here. Did your lawyer tell you that you weren't liable for information on the site?

My uneducated guess is that this decision came after returning from sitting next to Rich Barnett, former editor of Police Call and publisher of countless other scanner guidebooks. I'm sure somewhere along the line the topic of military trunking data came up. ;)

-AZ

mikeh

i think this is great but be ready

i think this is great but be ready
i am sure the fed will be coming at this web page soon
have a lawyer ready.to go

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I don't want to sound like a @$$, but if the government want there information off your web site and then you said no. One or two things might happen. A.) they can arrest you or B.) shut your web sit down by there use of there own computers. I Guest my main question is ; How can you protect you and your sit. Last time I posted military frequencies on my web site I had a letter sent to me asking me to delete the information or face legal charges.

I agree on the right to known information act, And I support this site 100%. I'm asking so next time i post on my website I can tell them to shove it.

ibagli

Arrested? What crime is it to say "no" to the government? If it violates a law, they can go to court to get it removed. A denial of service attack is illegal as well, government or not.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
like i said just asking, My wife freaked when she read me the letter for me remove the information on my site. that they will press charges on me if i don't do what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.