Database Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppafred

I keep seeing notices of new posting in the Washington County database in Northwest Arkansas. When I go to the county's page, it shows new info in the Entergy and AWIN databases but when I look at those databases, there is nothing new even close to Washington County!

What gives??

poppafred

I just found the same thing in Sebastian and Franklin counties. Entergy database shows new entries for those counties but there is nothing in the database anywhere close to them.

RBMTS

Click on the link for "Last Updated" that is up in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. It will provide you a listing of exactly what was updated. In the case of Washington County, there was a change made to the businesses category.

ecps92

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8202
looks like edits were done to the Sites [in yellow]
and right at the top are some notes

Last Updated: December 2, 2018, 2:57 pm (Changed Site # 054 (Dodd Mountain) to 054 (Dodd Mountain))

Then going to
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8202&tab=reports#history
scroll down you will see the last 30 updates

Change History for Entergy (P25) system (Last 30)

Changed Admin Date Changed
Changed Site # 054 (Dodd Mountain) to 054 (Dodd Mountain) ericcarlson 2018-12-02 14:57:30
Changed Site # 052 (Cave City) to 052 (Cave City) ericcarlson 2018-12-02 14:57:18
Changed Site # 052 (Site 52) to 052 (Cave City) ericcarlson 2018-12-02 14:56:59
Added Site # 15 (Prescott) ericcarlson 2018-11-30 17:47:39
Changed Site # 006 (Falcon) to 006 (Falcon) ericcarlson 2018-11-30 17:46:46

I keep seeing notices of new posting in the Washington County database in Northwest Arkansas. When I go to the county's page, it shows new info in the Entergy and AWIN databases but when I look at those databases, there is nothing new even close to Washington County!

What gives??

ecps92

But, when a system, spans
a. Multiple Counties
b. Multiple States
c. Countries
it will turn Green/Yellow for [MAP] all States/Counties, yet when you drill into the RRDB it will show only the actual updates

But none of those are in Washington or Franklin County

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
If system sites located in a particular county are updated, the county will show an update and the sites will be green/yellow indicating what was changed. Looks like that is what happened on some of the cases in question.

Also, talkgroups being added will show up in the list but if a talkgroup is removed it won't show when you look at the talkgroup list (because it was deleted...but would still show on the change log).

jbdinki

Wash co had an update in the business category for wash regional medical center for security ops

poppafred

That's why you are seeing an update for wash co ar

I was under the impression that the system only showed and update for a particular county in a statewide system when something INSIDE that county was updated.

Same thing this morning, Washington Co is showing an update in the Entergy database but the only update in that database is in Mississippi.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I was under the impression that the system only showed and update for a particular county in a statewide system when something INSIDE that county was updated.

Same thing this morning, Washington Co is showing an update in the Entergy database but the only update in that database is in Mississippi.

Wash Co is showing yellow today because it has had an update in the last week. In the last week. Look at the history at the top right (as mentioned previously) - it shows updates on 12/4...

ecps92

If the Parent Agency, covers multiple Counties and States, then they all show up as being updated in the MAP.

AS previously pointed out, then YOU drill down into the actual Parent to see if the updates were applied to your County

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

poppafred

I don't think anyone even understands what I am asking.

Quoting from the wkik:

"When looking at a state map and you see a county highlighted, that means something has changed in the county, it could be a line item or an agency change, or a TRS for that county"

Washington and Franklin Counties were highlighted. I opened the counties and it showed updates in several databases. I found the updates in several but in Entergy, the updates were NOT in those counties. In fact, they were not even in that part of the state.

Why show Entergy updates for Washington and Franklin Counties when the updates are actually on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I don't think anyone even understands what I am asking.

Quoting from the wkik:

"When looking at a state map and you see a county highlighted, that means something has changed in the county, it could be a line item or an agency change, or a TRS for that county"

Washington and Franklin Counties were highlighted. I opened the counties and it showed updates in several databases. I found the updates in several but in Entergy, the updates were NOT in those counties. In fact, they were not even in that part of the state.

Why show Entergy updates for Washington and Franklin Counties when the updates are actually on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE?

You're looking in the county... so: US > Arkansas > Washington

So, again... ANY update that affects Washington County (ANY system or freq) will turn Washington County green (last 24 hours) and then yellow (last 7 days).

It sounds like it was performing as it should. It is not strictly just Entergy or AWIN...it's anything.

The change log located at the top right of the county page shows you what was updated that affected that county. It showed some updates within the 7 day period (when I looked the other day) which explained why it was yellow.

We understand what you're asking. You didn't understand the responses, though, I don't believe. Perhaps we weren't clear enough.

RBMTS

Also keep in mind that changes can occur in different sections. As I indicated in post #3, the recent change to Washington County that you inquired about was in the "Business" section. That is on a secondary page, not the front facing initial page for the county. So look at and click on the "Last Updated" link and you will see a complete listing of all changes made for the county.

poppafred

So, what you are saying is RadioReference will highlight services at random because there is an update somewhere in the state?

Look, I get it that the county is highlighted because there is an update for SOMETHING in the county. What I DON'T get is why is ENTERGY is highlighted ON Washington Co's page when NOTHING in the Entergy database is updating anywhere near Washington Co. Yeah, AWIN updates a repeater out in Washington Co and the county's page shows there is an AWIN update. Makes perfect sense. Why is Entergy flagged on the county page when there is nothing even on that corner of the state being updated in the Entergy database?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
What I DON'T get is why is ENTERGY is highlighted ON Washington Co's page when NOTHING in the Entergy database is updating anywhere near Washington Co. ... Why is Entergy flagged on the county page when there is nothing even on that corner of the state being updated in the Entergy database?

I don't think it was. Washington County was green or yellow because of ANOTHER update in the county, already explained above...then when you went to that county you scrolled down and saw that the Entergy system was also showing an update (was green or yellow) - doesn't mean it was an update in Wash Co. Washington County was green/yellow at the state level because of the other update, not Entergy's, in this case.

mule1075

Feed Provider
So, what you are saying is RadioReference will highlight services at random because there is an update somewhere in the state?

Look, I get it that the county is highlighted because there is an update for SOMETHING in the county. What I DON'T get is why is ENTERGY is highlighted ON Washington Co's page when NOTHING in the Entergy database is updating anywhere near Washington Co. Yeah, AWIN updates a repeater out in Washington Co and the county's page shows there is an AWIN update. Makes perfect sense. Why is Entergy flagged on the county page when there is nothing even on that corner of the state being updated in the Entergy database?
It is a multi- state system so it will show even if nothing was updated in the state or county you live in that has been stated many times over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.