SDS100/SDS200: Database problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
I purchased an SDS 100 recently. I put in my zip code and downloaded frequencies from my area successfully and listened to what was going on police/fire wise. I then did a firmware and database update. When I now put in my zip code I only receive one system to monitor, not like I received prior to the update. The same service types are turned on prior to and after the update. The Sentinal software update is on the computer as I can make favorites list from it. It just does not scan my area when I put in the zip code. Any thoughts or ideas?

mule1075

Feed Provider
I purchased an SDS 100 recently. I put in my zip code and downloaded frequencies from my area successfully and listened to what was going on police/fire wise. I then did a firmware and database update. When I now put in my zip code I only receive one system to monitor, not like I received prior to the update. The same service types are turned on prior to and after the update. The Sentinal software update is on the computer as I can make favorites list from it. It just does not scan my area when I put in the zip code. Any thoughts or ideas?
Check the range setting.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Did that. I was on the phone with Uniden Customer Service for quite sometime. They are scratching their head.
Thanks for the answer.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Did that. I was on the phone with Uniden Customer Service for quite sometime. They are scratching their head.
Thanks for the answer.

You might try this (if you have not already):

Go to Sentinel and “edit your Profile”.

The first page that opens should have in the upper left corner a check box for “Monitor Full Database”.

Make for sure you have this box checked and save it to the SDS100.

Here’s hoping this helps, but this is a bit of a wild guess.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, however I see no check box in the upper left corner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, however I see no check box in the upper left corner.

Check again, it's there. Be sure you are in the "Profile" editor, not the favorites list editor.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Found it, checked it, downloaded to the
SDS 100 and still have the same problem.

gillham

Feed Provider
Menu -> Set Scan Selection -> Select Lists to Monitor -> Full Database -> On
Turn off any favorites.
Double check your service types are set to On.
Set Your Location -> Set Range -> 25.0 Miles
That should get you scanning something

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also, and I apologize for being so basic on something you might have checked. . .

Re-enter your zip code, a number may have been transposed, etc. the first time and say Yes to monitor full database when asked. Note which states load, being sure they "agree" with your area.
Turn ALL Service Types on - just for the heck of it to see what happens.

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
I'm having this same issue... and it is new... Turned on full database, selected proper range, turned off all other lists, selected all of the scan selection types, entered in the zip code and I receive... only 2 systems (where there are DOZENS in range). I will have to go back to find out where this broke...

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I'm having this same issue... and it is new... Turned on full database, selected proper range, turned off all other lists, selected all of the scan selection types, entered in the zip code and I receive... only 2 systems (where there are DOZENS in range). I will have to go back to find out where this broke...

If updating the Database today does not help you might want to go to Sentinel and click on “Write to Scanner”. The dialog box that pops up should have two choices, one is “Force Write Database”, check this box & click “OK” this will over-write a bad database.

I am assuming your SD card is not giving you trouble but one of you have a fairly new SDS200.

If you have a large number of recorded traffic files on your SD Card you might try deleting them or moving them off the SD Card.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Just updated the database and duplicated the problem others are having. That is even with force writing the full database. Something seems to be broken in Sentinel.

Edit.

Also on seems to be it is loading trunked systems only no conventional systems.

dfw1193

Which version of Sentinel are you using? I'm asking since I dont want to update it if its going to create issues. Thanks!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Neither of the reports of this provide enough detail to determine anything. What specific zip code? What specific system(s) are missing from the scan? Any other specific details could be helpful in determining what changes occurred.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Neither of the reports of this provide enough detail to determine anything. What specific zip code? What specific system(s) are missing from the scan? Any other specific details could be helpful in determining what changes occurred.
Zip Code 15301. Missing all conventional systems in a 50 radius in a full database scan. All trunked systems in the same radius are included in the full database scan.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Unable to duplicate. What service types are enabled? What is the date of the database in the scanner?

gillham

Feed Provider
Zip Code 15301. Missing all conventional systems in a 50 radius in a full database scan. All trunked systems in the same radius are included in the full database scan.

I just punched in your zip and I'm seeing all the conventional county freq's in my DB for Washington County.
FW: 1.07.00
Sub: 1.02.00
DB: 01/13/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.