SDS100/SDS200: Database problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
New version of Sentinel issued today to address this issue. Upgrade your version to 2.01.03, then:
  1. Update Master HPDB
  2. Write to Scanner (Force Write Full Database).

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Thanks UPMan and folks at Uniden for fixing the problem. Back to searching through my area using the zip code.
Again one big THANK YOU!!!

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
quick question about this i am getting the sds 200 in a few days and this imy first uniden scanner since 15 years ago . i watched some videos and created a few favorites list which a buddy tested and says work good .. my question is this when i load this scanner over sentinel i can load the full data base plus my favorites right ? then if i want to scan for stuff use the full data base and select railroads or aircraft and then scan . but after that in the scanner menu can i turn off all favorites lists and use my lists? and when i am useing my lists does it matter if law or fire is enabled or does useing your own favorites bypass that?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The full database is always sent to the scanner (if it is not current). You can control whether it is scanned or not.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
thank you , so once i have the full data base and my favorites lists i made programed into the scanner on the sds 200 .does it matter if i check the groups like intercop ,fire,firetalk and ect in the scanner menu ? or when i just scan my favorites lists that does not matter. but i i dont scan my favorites lists and i scvan the full data base is that when i select that stuff.?

mule1075

Feed Provider
thank you , so once i have the full data base and my favorites lists i made programed into the scanner on the sds 200 .does it matter if i check the groups like intercop ,fire,firetalk and ect in the scanner menu ? or when i just scan my favorites lists that does not matter. but i i dont scan my favorites lists and i scvan the full data base is that when i select that stuff.?
The service types you want to hear need to be enabled on both the full database and favorites list.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
mule1075 is correct, Those service types/selections must be checked, and apply to both the FullDB and your FL's.
there are ways to sneak around the rules, like setting all the TG's in your fl's you are sure you want to always receive to one type, or one of the customs (1-8) and make sure that one is always enabled.. Hope that makes sense. :)

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
u2brent not really .i have a g4 pager and its totally different this first time useing a uniden in like 20 years lol,, but ok mule so if i just enable all the service types and leave them enabled when using my favorites list doing pd for instance , things will work normal and i will only get what i have on my pd favorites list . with the full data base set to off correct

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
u2brent not really .i have a g4 pager and its totally different this first time useing a uniden in like 20 years lol,, but ok mule so if i just enable all the service types and leave them enabled when using my favorites list doing pd for instance , things will work normal and i will only get what i have on my pd favorites list . with the full data base set to off correct
That's a correct statement, keep them all on. you'll still only hear that which you have your active FL set up with. (y)

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
thank you and now i kinda get what your saying too about settings all the tgs and stuff but i will just enable all ,,one more question say i do want to use my location and the full data base for aircraft ,i would turn off all lists and then enable aircraft and the full data base correct ,,and when im done and just want to scan my stuff disable the full data base and turn everything back on and enable the favorites lists that i want to scan correct
?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
thank you and now i kinda get what your saying too about settings all the tgs and stuff but i will just enable all ,,one more question say i do want to use my location and the full data base for aircraft ,i would turn off all lists and then enable aircraft and the full data base correct ,,and when im done and just want to scan my stuff disable the full data base and turn everything back on and enable the favorites lists that i want to scan correct
?
Yes, you got it. sounds right to me :)
and turn all the other types off.. provided you only want to hear aircraft..

Status
Not open for further replies.