Davidson County snow listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymondh

I thought that I would set up a group in my scanner for snow removal and other winter road operations for Davidson county. All that I have found is Davidson DOT on the VIPER system. Does anyone have anymore frequencies or talkgroups for Davidson county?

drayd48

I thought that I would set up a group in my scanner for snow removal and other winter road operations for Davidson county. All that I have found is Davidson DOT on the VIPER system. Does anyone have anymore frequencies or talkgroups for Davidson county?

Also try the 40 MHZ old SHP channels and the 40 MHZones for DOT. May also want to add in the statewide event channels on VIPER. Tried scanning lots in Iredell County when it snowed a lot this past winter and just heard nothing, but still worth a try. DOT is primarily using cell phones than radios from what I have heard.

reconrider8

Just depends for dot. I know around here that you can hear dot here when it snows but that's about the only time I ever hear dot traffic

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
I would also add the VIPER DPRR 5 TG's to your favorites list. Last year I heard contract DOT plow trucks using DPRR 5 TG8 along I-77/I-74 in Surry County near the VA state line.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
The Davidson DOT VIPER TG was used last year after we had a big storm. I have also heard activity on the DOT VHF Lo band channels prior/ during a snowstorm.

P.S. - Raymond, this is KM4SII.... we have talked on the .470 repeater before.

IcomIcR20

RF-Burns

DOT for snow? Haha that's laughable because every time it snows around here they put that useless salt water on the road that does absolutely nothing. You would think this state would learn how to take care of the roads from our friends in the north. If covering the roads with salt water/brine worked the states that get a lot of snow would use it and they very rarely if ever do. The Town of Mooresville (Iredell County) got 3 inches of snow last year 1.5 inches in one snow fall and another 1.5 inches a few weeks later. Schools were closed for over 2 weeks combined. This state is laughable when it comes to snow removal.

Another thing that's pretty damn funny down here is every time it snows the fire depts put chains on the fire trucks tires. I drove fire trucks for 15 years in NY through 3 and 4 feet of snow at times and never put chains on the tires. I think they forget they have 1000+ gallons of water on board

Status
Not open for further replies.