Dayton area monitoring - what are you listening to

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrc1045A

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

With the recent changes to the Dayton area I wanted to see what you are hearing and what scanners and changes have you made recently. I have several scanners but the Pro-96 and BCT396XT and they are hardly receiving any activity from Beavercreek and Fairborn. I do hear some but very, very little. When they was operating severtal weeks ago it would be non stop. Just wanted to see what one needs to do to listing in. Thanks and have a great day.

I do receive very little activity from Yellow Springs, Fairborn and Beavercreek (both PD and fire).

I heard activity this morning on Beavercreek PD - Huntington Bank som eguy trying to pass a bad check
I heard some OL checks in Fairborn today (I know the Officer that was running them - after talkign to him he said they are having some issues getting out sometimes)

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
What I am receiving from the MARCS-IP Dayton site seems a normal amount of traffic to me.

Sent from my lousy iPhone using Tapatalk

wrc1045A

Premium Subscriber
are you receinving Beavercreek, Yellow Springs and Fairborn traffic? I called my Fairborn police buddy and said he has been running all morning and I only heard him once or twice. I can hear both the cars and dispatch from Fairborn but hardly anything. Also I can hear both Beavercreek PD and Yellow Springs but hardly any traffic. Is it harder to receive the new traffic? Which Marcs IP sites are you hitting? I have all of them programmed and I do receive traffic from all of them.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Earlier this morning I was hearing Beavercreek and Fairborn. You can practically throw a rock across the Yellow Springs city limits so they have never been that busy anyway. Clark County SO is always talking. I am receiving the Dayton site and the Warren County simulcast site from central Miamisburg.

Sent from my lousy iPhone using Tapatalk

wrc1045A

Premium Subscriber
W8RMH,

I concur. I have a buddy that is an officer for Fairborn PD - they are having issues but they are still using the Marcs IP. I get hardly any traffic on the IP but it is there. They are not transmitting on the old conventional channels according to my buddy. When it works it sounds good across my scanner. I had him send a test and I did not here it and he was within a mile from me at the time. I was mobile on my 396xt

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
MARCS IP – Bellbrook & Sugarcreek PD/FD, Yellow Springs PD, Beavercreek PD/FD, Xenia PD/FD, Central State PD, GCSO. Not sure I am monitoring they system correctly. Using BCD396XT, with the Wilberforce site programed in. Can I program in more than one site (will that cause problems), and I’d like to hear every transmission coming thru that site but don’t think I am. I have my scanner set to ID search. Going to take some time to learn about MARCS (yes I read the WIKI) .

TedRHayes

MARCS IP – Bellbrook & Sugarcreek PD/FD, Yellow Springs PD, Beavercreek PD/FD, Xenia PD/FD, Central State PD, GCSO. Not sure I am monitoring they system correctly. Using BCD396XT, with the Wilberforce site programed in. Can I program in more than one site (will that cause problems), and I’d like to hear every transmission coming thru that site but don’t think I am. I have my scanner set to ID search. Going to take some time to learn about MARCS (yes I read the WIKI) .

You have to program the Greene Co Simulcast site (800MHz) from the OhioMARCS-IP system to hear those agencies. I don't think those channels are broadcast on the Wilberforce OhioMARCS-IP site (700MHz), though I sometimes hear some of these channels on the Dayton OhioMARCS-IP site.

Note the Ohio MARCS and the Ohio MARCS-IP system are different systems. My understanding is that all will migrate to the IP system over the next few years.

bigbud42010

Just FYI i live in springfield/clark county just north of I70 and i can sometimes listen to the simulcast CC 858.8875 on my pro-106 and i pickup 800Mhz channels and i monitor the CCSO on the local IP tower and sometimes i will hear GCSO and XPD on the springfield tower and i copy them on 700Mhz channels but i heard that greene county uses 800Mhz channels at least their FCC App says so

Status
Not open for further replies.