Daytona Beach Bike Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Both this thread, and the db, tell you that DBFD is dispatched by the county on county tgs. Did you read what was posted?

DBPD is dispatched by the county on their channels still.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Again, thanks to all. But one more question... I see someone posted the talkgroups that start with 11 (11-0XX) and are all dedicated to Daytona Beach are not used anymore but two other posts after that list these groups as the ones that are being streamed live. I have heard nothing on the 11-0XX talkgroups so I assume it's the Volusia County Sheriff's dispatch doing all the fire talk on the 2-0XX series. Anyone verify this?

"You can forget the 11-04X talkgroups, they haven't been used in years." is what was stated that are not used anymore, those are the old Daytona Beach Fire talkgroups. Daytona Beach PD are still using the 11-06X talk groups and that is what you're hearing on his stream here Military Live Streaming Sources of Military Communications

He is not streaming Daytona Beach Fire because DBFD is so deeply mixed into all the counties FD talk groups. To listen to DBFD you would be hearing every heart-attack, slip-and-fall, or shortness-of-breath call in the county..

He is streaming 1 or 2 of the 'patched' Volusia County Sheriff talk groups that are dealing with Bike Week activities. I believe those talk groups are 11-154 and 11-155 but I can't be sure.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I may have narrowed down what I am hearing to hearing just Daytona Beach... With the advent of Volusia County taking over dispatch duties for Daytona Beach Fire Department, I ignored anything listed under the Volusia County subcategory of Daytona Beach that dealt with the FD. That subcategory ( Daytona Beach trunking system) has talkgroups that use an "11-" prefix for both Fire and Police. I ignored 11-041, 11-042, 11-043, 11-044, 11-045, 11-046, 11-047 and 11-053. I locked them out, or "avoided" them. They are all FD talkgroups. I left the remaining talkgroups starting with 11 alone as they pertain to the Daytona Police Department which still does their own dispatching. Now, granted, I am guessing here, but logically it looks good. So where are the Daytona Beach FD Talkgroups? I just used the Volusia County listings that start with "02-". 02-41, 02-42, 02-43, 02-44, 02-45, 02-46, 02-47 and 02-53. And locked out or avoided everything else in the system. Comments?

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Tac 4 is what DBFD is going to be using the majority of the time, but so will a lot of other FDs.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
For what it's worth, I may have narrowed down what I am hearing to hearing just Daytona Beach... With the advent of Volusia County taking over dispatch duties for Daytona Beach Fire Department, I ignored anything listed under the Volusia County subcategory of Daytona Beach that dealt with the FD. That subcategory ( Daytona Beach trunking system) has talkgroups that use an "11-" prefix for both Fire and Police. I ignored 11-041, 11-042, 11-043, 11-044, 11-045, 11-046, 11-047 and 11-053. I locked them out, or "avoided" them. They are all FD talkgroups. I left the remaining talkgroups starting with 11 alone as they pertain to the Daytona Police Department which still does their own dispatching. Now, granted, I am guessing here, but logically it looks good. So where are the Daytona Beach FD Talkgroups? I just used the Volusia County listings that start with "02-". 02-41, 02-42, 02-43, 02-44, 02-45, 02-46, 02-47 and 02-53. And locked out or avoided everything else in the system. Comments?

You are correct, perfect thinking. Just remember on those 02-0xx groups you will get DBFD but you'll also get every FD and Medic call in the county. It really makes monitoring DBFD almost worthless if DBFD is the only agency you want to hear. Its so hard to sort out the DBFD

CanesFan95

So I guess a bunch of middle-aged overweight white goatees visiting Daytona makes for some good scanner listening!

And, so, fat pirates' week comes to a conclusion and folks say sayonara to cellulite and Spandex hotpants/Santa Claus beards (sometimes on the same person) at least until October. So far, local media reports 3 motorcycle-related fatalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.