DB Update Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

Just received my new 536. Appears to be working properly with one exception. When I try to update the DB in Sentinel I get the attached. I had a similar (not same) problem with the 436 that was solved by downloading a driver. In Windows Control Panel Device Manager the 536 does not have the yellow problem icon. I have been able to upload and download the FLs and DB between the radio and the computer. Only the update DB in Sentinel fails.

Attachments

• 536HP.JPG
    536HP.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 265

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just received my new 536. Appears to be working properly with one exception. When I try to update the DB in Sentinel I get the attached. I had a similar (not same) problem with the 436 that was solved by downloading a driver. In Windows Control Panel Device Manager the 536 does not have the yellow problem icon. I have been able to upload and download the FLs and DB between the radio and the computer. Only the update DB in Sentinel fails.
Rob,
Are you getting that error when trying to update the database in Sentinel? Or, when trying to update the scanner with the database from Sentinel?

Since you note that you've been able to download Favorites lists to the scanner, I suspect you mean that you're getting this trying to update Sentinel's database. Am I correct?

If it is popping up when trying to update Sentinel, then it's most likely to be a firewall issue. The other possibility is, of course, a server error on Uniden's side, but if this keeps coming up when you try again later (an hour or two later, for instance), then I'd suspect firewall.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I just did an update to the Master Database so everything on Uniden's end is working.

The firewall issue is a possibility. However today and tomorrow being what they are, Santa may have left a few scanners and there was more than usual traffic on the Uniden server.

Also FWIW, your 536 can use the same Sentinel and associated database as you use for your 436. So if you got it for the 436 you don't have to do anything different for the 536.

rwier

Thanks to both of you. It didn't occur to me that I was using the same Sentinel as the 436. So I now don't see how it could be related to the 536. Yet I had no problem with the Sentinel until today. I need to do more testing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.