DC FD Help Needed, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsphotojoe

Hello:

Somewhat new to the NOVA/DC area (from NYC) and just placed a BC-396T into svc. to help my spot news & fire buff interests.

I have easily rec'd DC's MPD; PG Co; Montgomery, Alex, Arl, FFX, PW, Stafford, Charles & others Counties on the TRS, BUT I have NOT had ANY success getting DCFD on the 460/800 TRS.

The only time I ever hear DCFD is on the VHF Dispatch freq (154.19 if I recall correctly).

Can someone let me know how to properly config. my 396T to get them - I assume since I'm geting MPD (Zones 1 & 2 for example), I should hear DCFD if I have the correct TG's. Anyone have the correct TGs (i.e., are the ones shown in the RR Database 100% accurate?)

Thanks,

Joe/BNN 500

ResQguy

Meh
Joe, you must program MPD 460 and DCFD 800 as separate systems to receive all comms. Also, make sure you set the DCFD 800 system for MOT 800 STD, not P25. The database is accurate.

newsphotojoe

DCFD Help

Thank You both - I'll go ahead and try resetting the systems to Standard versus P25. I already had/have them as seperate systems on the 396T.

I hope it works!

Joe

ffalh3940

Trouble with DC Freq's

I am having the same problem. I can monitor 154.190 but cannot hear anything but static on the 800 frequencies. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? the people at radio shack are clueless. I am also clueless on how to reset stuff, so if someone could please explain how to do what you suggest, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From the RS market, you will need a PRO-96 or 2096 to hear DC fire. A PRO-97 or 2055 cannot handle digital transmissions. You didn't say which radio you were using?

With some rare exceptions, RS personnel are clueless when it comes to radio scanners....'nuff said on that topic. 73s Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
?? I'm stumped - did you perhaps delete frequencies, change them, change antennas?? Do the frequencies you have now match the ones in the RRDB? Perhaps you took the bank out of trunk mode by accident??

73s Mike

ffalh3940

Trouble with the DC Freq's

It may have been that the mode changed from MO to something else. When I get close to the city tomorrow I will know for sure. If that aint it then I am stumped as well. Thanks for the help.

Dewey

From my experience, DCFD comes in just as clear out of the city as DCPD. So if you're hearing DCPD, but not DCFD, I can't help but wonder if it might be a changed parameter as suggested earlier. If you end up in DC, maybe we can hook up and troubleshoot the problem. I'm working days this week, and evenings next week, so if you come in, PM me, and we'll make arrangements if you don't get it solved.

Dewey

Dewey

Alan,

The email address that you gave me bounced for some reason, so I PM'ed those step-by-step instructions that we talked about. Don't know if you saw them, so I'm just letting you know here.

Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.