• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

DE Trunked System???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm about to get PSR-500. I intend on putting the DE Public Safety System in there. I have some questions.

1. What is the DE Transit Corp? What talkgroups should i put into the scanner? Should i put any of them in?

2. What about the DOC? What's the difference between the Bureau of Prisons and Dept of Corrections? What talkgroups should i put in for Corrections?

3. What about DelDOT? What talkgroups are used in NCCo for DelDOT. Such as constructions crews, salting, etc?

4. Forestry? Whats the difference between N-FOREST and N-PARKS?

5. What NCCo fire talkgroups should i put in? Should i Put in all of the TAC talkgroups.

6. Do the Elsmere, Newport, Newark and New Castle City Police dispatch on their own talkgroups?

7. Whats the Sheriff do? should i put in N-SHERIF?

8. LAST QUESTION!! NCCPD talkgroups. Should i put in all of the TAC and Dispatch talkgroups? And the DE State Police in NCCo, Do they dispatch on N-CMD? What do they use N-DATA for?

THANKS SO MUCH!!! :)

1. Delaware Transit Corp. - DART Buses (public bus service), Para-Transit buses

2. Department of Corrections is Delaware's terminology for Bureau of Prisons

3. Anything marked N- under Dept of Transportation. They are seperated into area yards.

4. N-FOREST & N-PARKS are divisions within Dept. of Natural Resources.

5. At least N-DISP and TAC-1 through TAC8

6. Elsmere and New Castle City , N-DISP1; Newport, N-CMD; Newark, N-NWRK

7. New Castle County Sheriff serves court summons, and some prisoner transports between courts.

8. N-DATA if for license checks and wanted checks.

Hai,

For NCC FD, you referenced TAC 1-8....have we now identified a TAC 1 and TAC 2? Also, on a related note, has Kent Co FD established a TAC 2 or 3 yet?

For NCC Tac 1 and 2 r generally used by State Police and the TAC 3 and the others r generally used for FDs and such. I have them all in my Pro-96 and I always hear DSP running Rdar on TAC 1 and 2 up there so that answers that question for you guys.

In new Castle County:
DSP = CMD, Tac - 1-2-3-4-Data, etc. these are independent of Fire Board.

NCC PD = Disp. 1-2, Tac 1-2-3-4- Data-C etc. independent of State Police and Fire Board.

Fire Board= Disp. Tac 3-4-5-6-7-8, EMSOP 1,2,3 SW etc. Fully independent of State Police and NCCPD.

Item #5 is message # 2 was a typo

Last edited:
Hmm ok my mistake then. I just have like 8 tac channels and it seems like 1 and 2 were DSP and the others were fireboard but I'll have to check again. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.