Dead Spot in Washington County?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a RS Pro 107 in Forest Grove that gets great reception for Fire & Rescue but extremely minimal for PD (which is what I want to get.) I can see officers talk on their radios and still not anything on the scanner. I've tried making smaller playlists and updating the software/SD card. Anyone else have this problem or a solution??

mjohnston4

Forest Grove PD (along with Cornelius PD and North Plains) work off of the Sheriffs Office talk groups. They work off of WCSO1 (Primary) and WCSO2 (Secondary). The officers also use their side channel (FG Records) to have side convos.

WCSO1 - 64048
WCSO2 - 64016
FGREC - 58640

Those are the bulk of what FGPD will use.

I set just WCSO1, WCSO2 and FGREC in a playlist and actually heard TWO FG incidents yesterday... although I had it playing for about 5hrs. Maybe FG has less action than it looks like :)
I only heard one Cornelius officer during that time (which is ridiculous for 5hrs), so maybe my playlist needs little adjusting?

Could one of you verify what site(s) you have programmed? I have Washington County and West Washington County, but I wasn't sure if I needed both or not. Thanks

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
I set just WCSO1, WCSO2 and FGREC in a playlist and actually heard TWO FG incidents yesterday... although I had it playing for about 5hrs. Maybe FG has less action than it looks like :)
I only heard one Cornelius officer during that time (which is ridiculous for 5hrs), so maybe my playlist needs little adjusting?

Could one of you verify what site(s) you have programmed? I have Washington County and West Washington County, but I wasn't sure if I needed both or not. Thanks

mjohnston's information about the talkgroups to listen to for Forest Grove are correct.

Forest Grove hasn't had their own law dispatch channels since the Forest Grove Dispatch office was shut down.

As far as which site to listen to, you should only need the main "Washington County" site turned on.

Also remember that a significant amount of traffic is exchanged via MDT, so you're less likely to hear "routine" traffic...

Status
Not open for further replies.