Dean Transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Anyone monitoring and can confirm this?
Butel software shows them as a NXDN 152.345 LCN 1
Sentinel shows the same freq. LCN 10. It does not note it is NXDN.

FCC license WPXL355 shows freqs of:

I imported the system from Butel into my 436(yes, it has the NXDN upgrade) search mode, have not heard a thing. So not sure if the info is wrong or I did something wrong on programming it as this is the first NXDN system I have programmed.

Can anyone shed some light and have any information on this system? thanks

Golay

What Dean does is bid on running the bus service for different school districts.
They provide drivers and mechanics cheaper than the school can. And they use the same busses.
And they talk on the same radios that the school district had before Dean took over.
Take a peek in the ULS, see if the school district you are interested in has a license. Good chance that's where they are at.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Update:
The schools contract their services but they do not use the same busses, they use their own.
They do not talk on the same radios the school districts had before.
I talked with their radio service provider and as I thought, they use a NXDN system.

I was in the area and did a close call which revealed: Heard audio on both of these channels.
152.345Mhz
RAN:5
on the bottom of the screen NX9
159.720Mhz
RAN:5
on the bottom of the screen NX9

My initial post I fat fingered the 2nd and 3rd set of freqs
157.605 instead of 157.604
159.720 instead of 159.550

It appears to be single channel NXDN and not trunking and I am waiting to hear back from their radio service provider to confirm.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
I am figuring this out by myself, but another user sent me a link in an email with NXDN info, thanks.
RAN is radio access number.
Not sure yet on the NX9.

Did another close call today and picked up those 2 channels.
152.345 and 159.720 but it only decoded the audio correctly about 10-20% of the time. The rest was a machine gun sound so must not have decoded it correctly. It worked better last week.

GeneseeCoMI

I am figuring this out by myself, but another user sent me a link in an email with NXDN info, thanks.
RAN is radio access number.
Not sure yet on the NX9.

Did another close call today and picked up those 2 channels.
152.345 and 159.720 but it only decoded the audio correctly about 10-20% of the time. The rest was a machine gun sound so must not have decoded it correctly. It worked better last week.

I don't have a NXDN radio, but I'm thinking NX9 means 9600 baud (one of the two NXDN uses, the other being 4800).

Status
Not open for further replies.