Decatur Al / Morgan Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdugger

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what TRUNK frequencies are used for Decatur Al . and Morgan Co . I am new to TRUNK Tracking and will be using a Radio Shack Pro 95 and Win95 software . Also any help on how to program for TRUNK scanning would be greatly apprenticed .
Thanks

BamaChad

Radio Operator
The digital trunking scanners are very expensive. If you want to listen until you get one you can. You just have to have internet access. You can listen on broadcastify. There are multiple android and iOS apps that let you listen mobile as well.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
The digital trunking scanners are very expensive. If you want to listen until you get one you can. You just have to have internet access. You can listen on broadcastify. There are multiple android and iOS apps that let you listen mobile as well.

Jdugger,
BamaChad is correct. Here is a feed for the P25 system in Decatur/Morgan County:

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/2994

BamaChad

Radio Operator
I hope they left the VHF in the cars for interoperability. Madison Co. pulled them all out of theirs :(
I would have thought everyone would have kept vhf or uhf equipment around just in case. Guess the times have definitely changed. I miss listening to my grandads old crystal scanner back in the day. That thing ran full blast all day every day for 20 years! Something special about the old tube and crystal stuff.

BamaChad

Radio Operator
I hope they left the VHF in the cars for interoperability. Madison Co. pulled them all out of theirs :(
By the way. How does that work now if Madison County had to work with say limestone County or Blount County? They all use vhf but Madison uses p25. Maybe the p25 radios can do vhf or uhf fm?

emcom

I would have thought everyone would have kept vhf or uhf equipment around just in case.

Nope...Huntsville tossed it in 1994 when they went to 800 Mhz. For years, an HPD officer could not talk to a Madison Co. deputy on the radio unless some elaborate patch was done, which was hardly ever.

It is a space issue in the vehicle and fear of more maintenance costs I guess. Also, they dont want to drill a second hole for another antenna.

BamaChad

Radio Operator
Nope...Huntsville tossed it in 1994 when they went to 800 Mhz. For years, an HPD officer could not talk to a Madison Co. deputy on the radio unless some elaborate patch was done, which was hardly ever.

It is a space issue in the vehicle and fear of more maintenance costs I guess. Also, they dont want to drill a second hole for another antenna.
I can understand the space issue for sure. Most police cars I've seen are crammed with things already. We all hate another hole for another antenna lol!

Chad. W4CHD Somerville, AL.

N9IIT

By the way. How does that work now if Madison County had to work with say limestone County or Blount County? They all use vhf but Madison uses p25. Maybe the p25 radios can do vhf or uhf fm?

Same way interoperability works around here - have your dispatcher call their dispatcher and relay the messages over the phone

morganAL

I believe they pulled most of their VHF out of the cars.

For Fire/EMS Interop here we put up VHF & UHF repeaters on the East and West side of the county and then gave users in other counties permission to use them. When a dispatcher requests units from a neighboring county they ask them to switch to the repeater and the repeater is patched to the Tac TG being used for the incident. If our units go into a neighboring county the dispatcher can patch a Tac TG to a neighboring county channel with a base radio that the dispatcher can change channels on. For interop with Madison Co, we have used Interop 4 several times.

For Law Enforcement interop, it is usually dispatcher to dispatcher.although we do have the ability to patch the old State Net (155.010) to a law enforcement TG if needed.

emcom

For Law Enforcement interop, it is usually dispatcher to dispatcher.although we do have the ability to patch the old State Net (155.010) to a law enforcement TG if needed.

I never hear anyone on the net (155.010) anymore. Back in the day, that was used a lot. I used it a lot when I was a dispatcher. Long distance is cheap now.

As for dispatcher to dispatcher, that is slow. When our 911 gives a "be on the look out" for something, I can add 2 miles to the location they say and be much closer to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.