• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

decimal to hex, hex to decimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

Anyone know the easy way again at converting a motorola Hex to a decimal. Thanks.

Last edited:

DickH

Curfew said:
Anyone know the easy way again at converting a motorola Hex to a decimal. Thanks.

Without going on line your own computer can do it.
START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > CALCULATOR > VIEW > SCIENTIFIC.
Select HEX or DEC, enter the number, then select the other (HEX or DEC).

D

DaveNF2G

That will convert hex to decimal, but it won't provide properly formatted Motorola IDs.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Sure it will. All you have to do is drop the last zero off the end.

2224 Dec = 8B0 in Hex (Windows Calculator) = 8B Hex in Motorola

D

DaveNF2G

rescue161 said:
Sure it will. All you have to do is drop the last zero off the end.

2224 Dec = 8B0 in Hex (Windows Calculator) = 8B Hex in Motorola

You're forgetting the prefixes, 7 and some zeroes for RID and 8 and some zeroes for GID, I think.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
DaveNF2G said:
You're forgetting the prefixes, 7 and some zeroes for RID and 8 and some zeroes for GID, I think.

Those are for the Maxtrac and Systems Saber. The newer line of radios is just Hex. But yeah, I see what you mean.

edit: I just checked on a Systems Saber codeplug here and the 800000 number you're referring to is the dec equivalent (last set of numbers). So in my case one of our talk groups is 800911 which would be 911 in Dec and 38F in Hex. The Systems Saber RSS shows both hex and dec.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
joetnymedic said:
hey rescue whats up with that other saber???lol

Joe

I think I have two more Systems Sabers that are 438-470. Why, you want both of them? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.