Decode MDC-1200, GE-STAR and FleetSync on your iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
That's pretty nice. Someone sent me an e-mail with the link to the iTunes store earlier this evening. I'm on the road and don't have any radios with me to try it out.

If you ever do an update, it'd be kind of neat to be able to encode MDC from the phone. Not for any particular reason, but it'd be kind of cool to play with.

Nice job on that. Surprised no one has done it before. I hope you make some decent money off of it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Very slick. Works great on MDC. Haven't had a chance to try Fleetsync yet.

D

DaveNF2G

Does it require a physical connection between the iPhone and the receiver?

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Oh, wow. Excellent work! I've played with your MDC libraries a little bit, been quite impressed and thankful for them. Thank you for this as well!

svfd17

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; C5170 Build/IML77) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

+1 for android.

ka6sqg

Premium Subscriber
Does it require a physical connection between the iPhone and the receiver?

Works pretty well with the microphone near the speaker, even better if you use a 3rd-party line-in cable plugged into the ear/mic connector.

ka6sqg

Premium Subscriber
Please tell me there is an Android version somewhere????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

At this point I don't have one. I don't have a dev environment set up for Android and only have one (old) Android phone device. Plus my day job employer would rather I had built the Windows Phone 8 version first :)

But if I get the time to do it one of these days, it shouldn't be that hard.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

It works with my iPhone 5! Shown here is a radio ID from MONOC paramedic unit portable 203a

http://s119.photobucket.com/user/elias215/media/image.jpg.html
image.jpg

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
grabbed this when it first came out, it's a pretty handy tool if your radio/scanner does not have ID display. Works pretty good using the phone microphone. It's certainly a worthy one for your toolkit.

fdscan

I'm surprised I haven't seen this until now!

I'll have to get it and test it out. Any idea how close the mic has to be to the radio speaker?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It would not be often that I use it, but I'm all about supporting app developers with radio technical stuff on their side so dropped the buck!

Danny37

Wow this looks awesome, going to get this.

@WatnNY, the only reason I have an iphone as an IT tech, app developers dominate their markets to iphone exclusively. If that weren't the case I would have an android or galaxy. But I wouldn't just get an iphone for just one app, if you feel it's not suitable you can always trade to an iPhone which is what I did with my last galaxy.

Sonic1131

Premium Subscriber
Works great ! Added the app to my iphone 4s this evening ,,well worth the buck. two thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.