Define alphabet terms in scanner programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallenapd

Are there any resources that name and define alphabet terms such as: w/DND, CSP, TDMA TG, NAC an a lot of “L*** etc. used the general scanner programming. I’m not new to scanning but new to programming.

Are there any resources that name and define alphabet terms such as: w/DND, CSP, TDMA TG, NAC an a lot of “L*** etc. used the general scanner programming. I’m not new to scanning but new to programming.
If you program using a PC- yes, within the rules of the software and the scanner you are using.

What scanner are you referring to?

dallenapd

If you program using a PC- yes, within the rules of the software and the scanner you are using.
Thank you for the quick response........ Yes I'm using a Macbook pro with Parallels to program a just purchased SDS100. I am like a sponge absorbing all in info on RR forums, but somewhat overwhelmed by the Alphabet terms and have to try and research each individually and not really knowing if that apply specifically to me or not. Does this make sense?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
The Radio Reference wiki posted above is a great source, and always remember Google is your friend when it comes to the meanings of acronyms. If your search comes back off-topic, just type 'scanner radio' after the acronym and it will narrow down the search for you.

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.