Delaware Co/Madison Co reprogram

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz81685

Premium Subscriber
I have not been on this site for a while and I haven't had to program my scanner for about as long. Tonight Delaware County agencies made the switch to P25.

My questions are:

When will Madison Co agencies switch to P25?

I assume I need to reprogram my scanner so when should I be able to reprogram with Delaware & Madison Co agencies using the radioreference interface for my scanner software?

Again sorry if these questions are stupid but it's been awhile. Once you get the thing going you don't have to hardly change anything.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.

taz81685

Premium Subscriber
So if I try to import the new frequencies for P25 from RR through ARC500 what am I looking for? Do I need to be specifically looking for the P25 and where? Or just go to the county and agencies I want like before? Right now it looks like it shows conventional channels only but I'm sure I am missing something.

**UPDATE***

Ok I think I got it figured out. There are a lot less channels to enter on P25. All of the new frequencies should only be in talkgroups right, none in conventional?

I am also attempting to find the Ball State Police Special Events but all I can find is dispatch, parking, and tac.

Last edited:

taz81685

Premium Subscriber
I have BSUPD DISP, TAC, and Parking all on my scanner. I upload them with no problems and I can hear them with no problems. After about 10-15 minutes I no longer hear them. For some reason the scanner stops picking up transmissions.

Any ideas on what the problem can be?

INDY72

Did you set it up for cc only and the tsys as p25?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

taz81685

Premium Subscriber
I used the RR import and grabbed the talk groups for each agency. There are only 3 BSU channels (for some reason the events channel isn't in the database anymore).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

New system. Makes sure you have the new site freqs. You should completely reprogram and make sure you set the tsys object up correctly.

INDY72

I would also set up wildcard to search for new tg as the listing we used to stage up the system is rather old.

taz81685

Premium Subscriber
I completely erased my scanner and uploaded all new freqs. I'm in Madison co but that shouldn't matter. Like I said it comes in sometimes but isn't other times. I can't find a pattern yet.

taz81685

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean wildcard?

I have no idea if I set everything up right, I just did the RR
Import. BSU seems to be the only one I'm having issues with.

taz81685

Premium Subscriber
So if I try to import the new frequencies for P25 from RR through ARC500 what am I looking for? Do I need to be specifically looking for the P25 and where? Or just go to the county and agencies I want like before? Right now it looks like it shows conventional channels only but I'm sure I am missing something.

**UPDATE***

Ok I think I got it figured out. There are a lot less channels to enter on P25. All of the new frequencies should only be in talkgroups right, none in conventional?

I am also attempting to find the Ball State Police Special Events but all I can find is dispatch, parking, and tac.

*****UPDATE to the UPDATE*****

Apparently the state forgot to set up the Ball State Special Events channel. So I guess that question is solved for now.

Still looking to fix the other issue, lacking transmissions.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Apparently the state forgot to set up the Ball State Special Events channel.
Maybe. Maybe not.

IPSC worked fairly closely with each agency to re-evaluate talk group needs as part of the transition to the new system. Many old talk groups were simply copied over to the new system. But, some of the old talk groups didn't make the cut as local agencies decided to rearrange the way they do things.

I'd say give it a few days or weeks to see how the new system shakes out. Don't jump to too many conclusions until the dust has had time to settle.

INDY72

Also the listing we used to stage up the p25 in the db is very old and changes were made to the final templates and codeplugs used by IPSC and Motorola and each agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.