Delaware County in New Castle County

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillQuinn

Hi. I live in Wilmington and like to listen to Sector 1 and 3 dispatch and the DELCo. fireboard. I tend to loose them around the city. I actually live in Talleyville. About 2 miles from the PA/DE Border. I just bought a 5db 490-512 mobile antenna. I was wondering how good this antenna would work. i tend to loose Sector 1 in the city. though i am using a Wilson Cell Antenna with a BNC connector on it. I'm wondering if my range will increase. Thanks?

DELCOLHFC

BillQuinn said:
Hi. I live in Wilmington and like to listen to Sector 1 and 3 dispatch and the DELCo. fireboard. I tend to loose them around the city. I actually live in Talleyville. About 2 miles from the PA/DE Border. I just bought a 5db 490-512 mobile antenna. I was wondering how good this antenna would work. i tend to loose Sector 1 in the city. though i am using a Wilson Cell Antenna with a BNC connector on it. I'm wondering if my range will increase. Thanks?

You should see an improvement using the new band specific antenna and that 5db should make it even better. I too use a wilson cell antenna (got it at R&R Comm) Hershey kiss mag mount, black about 10 inches tall or so.......I have found it to be darn near deaf on the 500MHz band that we use in Delco, so if thats the one you have, expect a big performance change!
Tom

BillQuinn

Wilson

Yeah. use that same antenna. got it with the intention of using it to listen to NJSP Troop A south.

Status
Not open for further replies.