Delaware County NY Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I wonder if he actually used the words "high band UHF" or if the reporter was paraphrasing. I'm not sure exactly what frequency range that would be as there is no such nomenclature in the industry.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I wonder if he actually used the words "high band UHF" or if the reporter was paraphrasing. I'm not sure exactly what frequency range that would be as there is no such nomenclature in the industry.

Ugh, I can't even tell you what a pet peeve that is, and how it strikes a nerve close to home. Back in the 90s when Rockland County went to UHF for fireground operations, someone started calling it "High Band", and it stuck. UHF fireground in Rockland is now forever known as "High Band", and it's so pervasive that even the guys who absolutely know better call it that, simply because no one knows wtf you're talking about if you don't. :roll:

Anyway, good luck to Delaware County on their upgrades.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
There newly licensed channel and some pending are UHF......along with Greene.....Greene is going to share a tower with them some where in the western part of the county i am told....Or we are gonna go on the stamford tower...which works quite well out that way

Status
Not open for further replies.