Delaware County Pa New System

philacop

Premium Subscriber
πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
No encryption on PD dispatch talk groups !🀞🏻🀞🏻

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The argument for encryption falls apart when confidential info is typically transmitted over CAD / MDT - which most LEOs have access to in their vehicles.

stevecast2024

Premium Subscriber
The plan is for Fire/EMS to remain in the clear with the exception of any TG used for EMS to Hospital notifications. Expect significant changes to the layout of talk groups versus the current zoned channel assignments in the legacy system.

Police communications is planned to remain in the clear for normal dispatch operations such as what is heard on current day Sector channels with each "Sector" having a separate secure talkgroup for any operations requiring such. Think of these as the current day "Mutual" or "M" channels. There will of course be secure talkgroups for ERT/Swat operations. Any encryption on the system will be AES256. On the police side, planning is just beginning on the fleet mapping here but is currently expected to remain somewhat similar to how the current sectors are layed out.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Though not related to the new TRS being discussed here (and I don't think this warrants a new thread of its own) I heard some radio testing today from 461.5125, TGID-1000, (both slots), CC-1 from the Delco EOC to different ALS unit chiefs. Dispatcher identified the channel at the "Delaware County Hospital Radio System". Dug around for a license & found none current. Did find WQLT283 which shows cancelled back in May, control point is located at Fair Acres which is next to the Delco EOC so looks like that may be it. Full audio sample here...

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Though not related to the new TRS being discussed here (and I don't think this warrants a new thread of its own) I heard some radio testing today from 461.5125, TGID-1000, (both slots), CC-1 from the Delco EOC to different ALS unit chiefs. Dispatcher identified the channel at the "Delaware County Hospital Radio System". Dug around for a license & found none current. Did find WQLT283 which shows cancelled back in May, control point is located at Fair Acres which is next to the Delco EOC so looks like that may be it. Full audio sample here...
That's interesting. I have my scanner on all day, I am in the Upper Chichester/Aston area. I scan Delco PD sectors 1, 2, 3, and 5, and some county channels, but 5 comes in scratchy if at all. My scanner is behind me when I am on the PC and most of the time it's merely background noise. I do seem to remember some radio checks a day or so ago, didn't pay to close of attention to remember what/who they were calling though.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Was a test of the backup system and mass casualty interop ems system at the eoc

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Delco County Council Meeting - Wednesday, 12/6/23 - Approvals Requested for Tower Leases for the New 911 Radio System

Agenda: 04d6c8912aa5606c4764d7aa4e9bc9f10.pdf

7.F Approval of a lease agreement with UniSite/Omnipoint PA Tower Venture LLC for
the new 911 Radio System on a tower located at 2325 Darby Road, Havertown,
PA, with an annual rent of $67,800 (subject to a 3% increase after the initial year)
for a term of 10 years (subject to renewals as set forth in the lease). Subject to
Solicitor's approval.

7.G Approval of a lease agreement with SpectraSite Communications, LLC for the new
911 Radio System on a tower located at 702 Baltimore Pike, Chadds Ford, PA,
with an annual rent of $59,400 (subject to a 3% increase after the initial year) for a
term of 10 years (subject to renewals as set forth in the lease). Subject to
Solicitor's approval.

7.H Approval of a lease agreement with ATC Sequoia LLC for the new 911 Radio
System on a tower located at 2641 West Chester Pike, Broomall, PA, with an
annual rent of $63,000 (subject to a 3% increase after the initial year) for a term of
10 years (subject to renewals as set forth in the lease). Subject to Solicitor's
approval.

7.I Approval of an amendment to a lease agreement with SBA Structures LLC for the
new 911 Radio System on a tower located at 12 Kent Road, Aston, PA, to increase
the annual rent by $2,000/month to $2667.85 (current term ends 9/30/28). Subject
to Solicitor's approval.

7.J Approval of an amendment to a lease agreement with Newtown Square Tower,
L.P. for the new 911 Radio System on a tower located at 395 Bishop Hollow Road,
Newtown Square, PA, with an annual rent of $16,296 (subject to a 5% increase
after the initial year) for an additional term of 5 years (subject to renewals as set
forth in the lease). Subject to Solicitor's approval. WPLY SS NSTLP

7.K Approval of a no cost license agreement for the new 911 Radio System with Mercy
Catholic Medical Center (d/b/a Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital) for the use of roof space
at 1500 Lansdowne Ave in Darby. Subject to Solicitor's approval.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
County Council Meeting Agenda - 3/20/24

b57a6755423bde5a8fee38c710bcc0e60.pdf
More new tower leasing agreements:

7.M Approval to enter in to a lease agreement with American Tower Management LLC
for the new 911 Radio System for a tower located at 476 Papermill Road,
Springfield, PA. with an annual rent of $48,000.00 (Subject to a 3% increase after
the initial year) for a term of 10 years (subject to renewals as set forth in the
lease). Subject to Solicitor's approval.

7.N Approval to enter in to a lease agreement with American Tower Management LLC
for the new 911 Radio System for a tower located at 10 Isaac Bullock Lane, Glen
Mills., PA 19342-8151 with an annual rent of $42,399.96 (Subject to a 3%
increase after the initial year) for an additional term of 5 years (subject to renewals
as set forth in the lease) and a one-time payment of $67,512.00 for tower
modifications. Subject to Solicitor's approval.

7.O Approval to amend a lease agreement with Crown Atlantic Company LLC for the
new 911 Radio System for a tower located at 5300 Baltimore Avenue, Clifton
Heights PA, 19018 with an annual rent of $32,400 (Subject to a 3% increase after
the initial year) for an additional term of 5 years (subject to renewals as set forth in
the lease). Subject to Solicitor's approval.

7.P Approval to amend a lease agreement with SBA Structures, LLC for the new 911
Radio System for a tower located at 12 Kent Road, Aston, PA 19014 with an
additional annual rent of $7,200. Subject to Solicitor's approval.

7.Q Approval to amend a lease agreement with SBA Structures, LLC for the new 911
Radio System for a tower located at 2407 Market Street, Twin Oaks, PA 19014
with an additional annual rent of $12,000. Subject to Solicitor's approval.