Delwin system

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
Been monitoring this system in Sussex. Have not heard a peep. Are the running secured mode now?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring this system in Sussex. Have not heard a peep. Are the running secured mode now?

Very little activity in Sussex except from the Georgetown site which carries traffic from the prison. All TGs were encrypted for the few hours that I was monitoring. The Dagsboro site appeared to be off the air. DELWIN is networked with other regional sites in MD and NJ, but they don't seem to do much actual work. There will be some updates posted to the RRDB at some point.

de784

Feed Provider
Very little activity in Sussex except from the Georgetown site which carries traffic from the prison. All TGs were encrypted for the few hours that I was monitoring. The Dagsboro site appeared to be off the air. DELWIN is networked with other regional sites in MD and NJ, but they don't seem to do much actual work. There will be some updates posted to the RRDB at some point.
Thats what I thought that they went encrypted since the fall out a few years back

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thats what I thought that they went encrypted since the fall out a few years back
Other than some prison facilities using DELWIN as their primary radio system, presumably any interoperability between states would be in the clear (key management between multiple jurisdictions would be a nightmare.) DELWIN seems to be an underutilized system, and since the sites only have four channels / 3 simultaneous talk paths, it really cannot support much more than traffic from a single agency. It would probably be used as a resource coordination system, and a backup to the state's 800 system if it were to have a catastrophic failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.