Denver (CO) Fire to encrypt all tactical channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Seeing DFD Dispatch TG 35401 is ENC on the new radio system so Fire Dispatch will not be in the clear.

There was random Vocalarm/Station Alerting simulcast on TG 35426 showing up on the Harris system in the past
several weeks which may be the "automated dispatch" group referred to in the Denver Post article.

Insulator

I wonder if any of the "Big Shots" are reading our posts. If they are i can seeing them sitting in their plush offices giving the finger letting us know we are #1. LOL.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I was just looking at the new Denver system and they locked everything down except for like convention center and public works and the Law Enforcement Correction Facility. Also EMS Dispatch.

What's weird is that Denver was so hell bent on locking everything down including fire and left EMS open and Correction Facility. Who in their weird warped mind made that decision. Crazy. Can somebody help me understand the logic behind EMS and Correction open talkgroups and then fire lockdown.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
its actually utter crap, the City of Orlando FD in Florida has the ability to go onto the Encrypted PD's Talkgroups with no issues, fire stays in the clear, and I have seen it done elsewhere, there really is no reason to encrypt fire, a total political decision

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
They are still using 154.070 (103.5 PL) for the Vocalarm only.

Dispatch patch went away when they pulled the plug on the Fire TG's on the EDACS and Harris system on Monday.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
This is one of those things that happens when you have decisions made by people sitting at a conference table that have long forgotten what it's like out in the field or whom have never been "in the trenches."

KD0DUJ

I was just looking at the new Denver system and they locked everything down except for like convention center and public works and the Law Enforcement Correction Facility. Also EMS Dispatch.

What's weird is that Denver was so hell bent on locking everything down including fire and left EMS open and Correction Facility. Who in their weird warped mind made that decision. Crazy. Can somebody help me understand the logic behind EMS and Correction open talkgroups and then fire lockdown.
EMS Dispatch is in the clear

Danny37

I forget which police agency went encrypted in Pennsylvania but when the argument was brought up that citizens and media wouldn't have coverage, the police argued that the fire department wouldn't encrypt their comms so they could get their stories from scanning the Fire department. Obviously not every large scale police call involves a fire apparatus. Then you have cities that want all PS to go E and leave the general public and media in the dark. In fact, a encrypted PD agency in NJ has been pressuring their FD to go encrypted even though the fire department has shown no interest in going E. I'm assuming this is the case with Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.