Denver EDACS LCN 21-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

I have been logging the Denver Public Safety EDACS system with Unitrunker for the past few days. I noticed the following LCN channels appear but we don't have any frequencies in the DB... anyone have any ideas?

LCN21
Last hit: 10/10/13

LCN22
Last Hit 11/21/13

LCN23
Last Hit: 11/25/13 @ 11:30 AM

LCN24
Last Hit: 11/19/13

LCN25
Last Hit: 11/24/13

FYI- the zoo talkgroups are no longer patched on the Denver P25 system... perhaps they moved some of the frequencies from P25 back to EDACS?

Steve2003

This is for an EDACS system which uses Logical Channel Numbers (LCN). These are separate from FCC / IC channel numbers like the ones you see on Motorola / P25 systems.

Per the Wiki:
EDACS uses what are called Logical Channel Numbers LCN. Rather than assign a frequency with a specific identifier, each frequency at a site is assigned a number between 1 through 25. When a channel announcement occurs it contains only the LCN. With this in mind each radio must be programmed with which frequency corresponds to which LCN.

Thanks for the help though!

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
21 thru 25 are phantoms. Are you using a PSR-800 with unitrunker by chance?

The P25 system is it's own entity. Harris currently has EDACS tech on an end of life cycle.

ZOO has always been on the public works system. I never noted any unique ID's with the zoo TG'S on the P25 side and voice traffic always came from the EDACS side.

Thayne

There used to be 24 channels, the last 4 were used for data, but they dropped them just before about the time they started using ESK.

Steve2003

21 thru 25 are phantoms. Are you using a PSR-800 with unitrunker by chance?

The P25 system is it's own entity. Harris currently has EDACS tech on an end of life cycle.

ZOO has always been on the public works system. I never noted any unique ID's with the zoo TG'S on the P25 side and voice traffic always came from the EDACS side.

I was using Unitrunker + a PSR-800. Thanks for filling me in on the EDACS phantom LCNs... I was originally thinking they may have moved frequencies from the P25 system for load balancing or something since it isn't being used just yet.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
I have used various radios with unitrunker and PSR-800 is the only radio that has unusual effects such as LCN 0, emergency declarations with odd TG's in provoice and the additional LCN's showing up when logging EDACS systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.