Denver FD alerting on the trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Denver Fire dispatch is now transmitting the 'Vocalarm' station alerting on the Denver Public Safety Trunk System, on TG 07-067 (decimal 951). Station alerting is normally not heard on the main dispatch channel (TG 06-021).

This makes it easy to monitor DFD for calls being dispatched without listening to all the other traffic (if that's what you want), or to listen to both alerting and responses on the trunk system.

The alerting traffic is simulcast on 154.07 mHz, (PL 103.5), along with the dispatch talkgroup, which makes it pretty busy.

The Vocalarm is a system which allows dispatchers to dispatch stations, and make announcements to any or all stations, similar to a P.A. system, separate from the main dispatch channel.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Denver remains in there temporary dispatch center at the EOC until at least Aug 18th as well.

Jim<

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Is this a permanent move, Kurt? I have that TG as some sort of link: "T51RPTLK (951)"

Last edited:

N0GTG

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how permanent it might be. I'm hoping it is permanent, but it could be a way to access the Vocalarm from the ROC. I haven't talked to anyone with inside knowledge since I discovered it.

N0GTG

Premium Subscriber
Well, the TG has gone away for now, possibly to return in the future? I, for one, hope so.

dougw65

What if Sky King answers?
Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth: I can use my 2 mtr beam pointed south from here in FC to monitor this traffic. Using the beam and the pl on 154.07 nulls out the WYOLINK control channel on the same freq.

On my discone it's all WYOLINK!!!

N0GTG

Premium Subscriber
I wish the powers that be at Wyolink would move that control channel to another freq. and make 154.07 a voice channel (preferably last-used). That would sure make things easier for a lot of people!

Status
Not open for further replies.