Denver Patrol Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know why denver still had 3 800mhz antennas on each of their patrol cars?

One is for the voice edacs I am guessing. And I know at one time they were using 800 channels for their mdts or they were going to so that would account for a 2nd antenna... does anyone know what the third one is for? Two of them are gain type antennas and the third is always a 1/4 wave spike antenna..

Thoughts or does anyone know for sure....

Warbirdhunter

Anyone know why denver still had 3 800mhz antennas on each of their patrol cars?

One is for the voice edacs I am guessing. And I know at one time they were using 800 channels for their mdts or they were going to so that would account for a 2nd antenna... does anyone know what the third one is for? Two of them are gain type antennas and the third is always a 1/4 wave spike antenna..

They might be for the LoJack system, I could be wrong though.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber

Dave - I believe the DataRadio modems they are now using utilize diversity antennas. The spike is probably voice while the other two are data.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
I had a feeling that it might be for that reason... Just wasn't sure. That is what makes the most sense.

Thanks for your reply...

David

Status
Not open for further replies.