Denver PD, FD & Boulder Sheriff, FD & CSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Do I change Denver PD over to P25 Auto Phase 1 instead of EDACS now on my 106/197? I have like 22 frequencies for Denver, do I need all those? If so can you tell me the frequencies I need to put in. What about Denver FD on frequencies? Is it the same to put on P25 Auto Phase 1 or keep on EDACS? I have 20 frequencies for Denver FD. I seen somewhere where they might go to Phase 2 If they do should I take them out of the 106/197?

Boulder County I have 15 frequencies for them for Sheriff, CSP & FD Is that right or should I cut down on the frequencies? If you have a list of frequencies I should be using for Denver and Boulder please post here or send me a private message. Thanks, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Don

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
For Denver, there are a few talk groups your radio won't receive. These are ProVoice. Only Uniden scanners are capable of hearing ProVoice. However, there is always SDR.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Boulder County is dual VHF and DTRS fully linked. If you have good reception on the VHF frequencies there is no need to change anything.

The same goes for Denver Public safety. While some DFD units are on the Public Works P25 system everything is patched the EDACS system and the EDACS system is primary. Until we see a Motorola control channel on the air for Denver what frequencies are going to be used is still unknown.

The city of Boulder PD/FD are still analog VHF even though is it obvious they have a mix of new and old radios in the field for an eventual
change over to a P25 system in 2019. Real details of what frequencies the new system will entail are unknown at this point. The city has a large number of licensed VHF frequencies that are not in use and may be a candidate for the new system. Until then there is no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.