Denville PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Anyone know the range on Denville PD? I have the NXDN option and I am not hearing anything in Essex County. I do hear the FD on VHF. Perhaps it is simply the range of the UHF with NXDN?

Perhaps it is not programmed correctly, however, that did not look that hard in Sentinel.

I'd have searched the forums but each time I hit search the website says they are down for maintence.

Thanks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What VHF are you talking about, the low band 46.24?

slingshot202

Feed Provider
You know what I am wrong, their FD is also on UHF. So I pick up Denville FD, but I am not catching any PD traffic, provided I have it programmed right on my 536,

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Tune to the frequency in quick search and see if you're hearing any digital noise when the repeater is active. Make sure that you're actually receiving a signal in the first place.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
OK - wish I thought of that.

I am receiving data transmissions.

I also saw a TG and UNIT ID's in the search.

I tried programming in the TG and have am still not hearing it when I program the channel in.

Perhaps someting with sentinel? I saw a post from a few years back where it said that the program could not do it, I would have to think it does work now.

katt02

Katt
How far into Essex are you? I am on the border of Morris and Essex and I have listened to denville PD with no problem with an SDR and DSD, and the signal is fairly good from where I am.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
How far into Essex are you? I am on the border of Morris and Essex and I have listened to denville PD with no problem with an SDR and DSD, and the signal is fairly good from where I am.

Sorry took me so long to write back. I got this working. I guess my first attempt at NXDN was unsuccessful. I set it up on search and was able to get them and from there I was able to correctly program them.

Now it’s working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.