Dept Of Public Safety Sat Trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislv

Spotted today, @ Bucca Di Pepo on E. Flamingo around 12:48pm

Any info? They look over loaded with gear!

Attachments

• nvdps_sat_truck_1.jpg
    nvdps_sat_truck_1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 951
  • nvdps_sat_truck_2.jpg
    nvdps_sat_truck_2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 951

bikinjohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Suburban not good enough, had to get the Yukon XL? At least they did it right by getting the 3/4 ton. Wish those came in diesel. And I'd love to see the interior!

Wonder why they had 2 at the same spot? I can't imagine them having that many of those, so I figure sonething that expensive and sensitive they would keep separated, kinda like keeping the president and vp on different planes, cars, rooms, etc.

Last edited:

jim202

Not knowing anything about the vehicle, my guess would be that a company called MBF out of Florida built those vehicles the way you see them.

I have seen a number of vehicles both SUV and full sized mobile command vehicles that MBF has done. Nice work. The SUV units that I saw have a limited leg room in the rear, but the equipment is very well installed.

mancow

Database Admin
So, why was a conventional repeater network not good enough?

I suppose having area51 in the middle of your state probably helps with the new toy purchasing.

com501

Those were purchased in FY 2009 and outfitted early last year. They have some cool stuff inside.

com501

Heh heh.

No pictures of the radio rack though....

These were taken before they had plates, from there they went to the radio shop.

Hooligan

Not without losing my job....

You're being silly, or a very junior employee.

The state of Nevada proudly shows the vehicles off, inside & outside. For the rest of you, their purpose is pretty much common-sense -- mobile communications support platforms, and funding was at least partially obtained by federal grant money. Pretty much every state has things like these now.

DBS Satellite TVRO, VOIP phones/web/facsimile/internet with wireless local area network access via SATCOM, terrestrial digital cellular, able to receive RF video feeds from aircraft, etc. plus a whole bunch of VHF & UHF transceivers & cross-patch capability. Self-powered plus ability to plug into 'shore' power sources.

I'm trying to attach my images right now but the system won't let me.

Hooligan

I've tried to upload two more of the interior, but I get an error message, perhaps because the files are too big, so here are two.

Like I said, the vehicles aren't any secret, nor really is anything inside them though there are a lot of buttons, switches etc. that the operators barely can figure out, so they don't exactly want to let greasy radio-geek monkeys get inside & play when the units are deployed or on display, nor would the poor operators want to deal with those of you that are ignorantly whining about "wasted" tax dollars.

Attachments

• NV MCP2.jpg
    NV MCP2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 408
Status
Not open for further replies.