DeSoto Co TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf5bti

pretty much the same here. I monitor both the analog TRS and the Desoto MSWIN system. Only Desoto county PD I hear on MSWIN is Olive Branch which is mostly encrypted. The TRS system has mostly gone quiet with the exception of a few FDs. Will continue to monitor and will be logging both.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Anyone tried to see if there is p25 on 800 there?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Or run pro96com or UniTrunker? Looking for encrypted tgs that fit the county tg range? Most scanners won't let you hear encrypted tgs unless you set them up to do so. Thus you wouldn't notice them on display as no audio.

kf5bti

Or run pro96com or UniTrunker? Looking for encrypted tgs that fit the county tg range? Most scanners won't let you hear encrypted tgs unless you set them up to do so. Thus you wouldn't notice them on display as no audio.

I'm using Freescan to log TGs, wil Pro96com or UniTrunker offer anything different that Freescan doesn't pickup? It logs the Olive Branch hits but I also hear the encrypted audio on the scanner. How would I go about checking for P25 on the old TRS system?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
You listen to each freq for an p25 cc then if found load the cc in as an p25 system and run pro96com on it. Pro96com will show all freqs on site. Site number. Sysid. Any affiliations. Tgs. Pretty much everything

kf5bti

You listen to each freq for an p25 cc then if found load the cc in as an p25 system and run pro96com on it. Pro96com will show all freqs on site. Site number. Sysid. Any affiliations. Tgs. Pretty much everything

Do i just program them for conventional and then step through them listening for data?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
That is easiest. P25 cc sounds very different from Type II CC. You will know difference instantly. Then program the cc as an p25 system an analyze it with Pro96com

kf5bti

Just stepped through them programmed as conventional. All I hear is the TRS CC for the old system. I did run across one channel that has no audio, just dead key.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ok ten not converting it currently. Still run pro96com on the 700 MHz sites so you can see all the activity on it. Log all unknown tgs. You can also log RIDs as they can tell you a lot. Im guessing most law enforcement is encrypted other than sheriff primary and OBPD dispatch

jyams

Still silence on MSWIN and the old Trunking system. Marshall County coming in good on MSWIN. Does anyone have any clue about how to monitor DeSoto TRS or MSWIN now?? Heard DeSoto Sheriff dispatch for awhile on MSWIN, but now it is silent. They have to be transmitting somewhere?

kf5bti

I'm logging TG's that pop up on MSWIN and have seen a couple new ones with a good amount of traffic but so far the unidentified groups are 100% encrypted. I see people talk about the audio being muted with encryption but on my 996p2 I hear the garbled audio. Still no idea on exactly what is going on with the missing agencies though.

kj5k

I'm hearing Desoto Sheriff on MSWIN 52175 but it's encrypted. I see several new TG's popping up but they are all encrypted, too. My scanner stops on them and I hear garbled audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m2312s

I heard that SO and the city fire, PD and EMS would be encrypted on P25, not sure of timeline. The county volunteer fire and ems would remain on the old conventional system for now.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
What about the so dispatch we had listed? That went encrypted?

kf5bti

Searching my logs for the past couple days I don't see DCSO 52175 being active on MSWIN. When I submitted the TG to the database dispatch was in the clear and the mobiles were encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.