• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Detroit Nears 50% Unemployment Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

I've been to many places in the world and been through some of their "slums" (Mexico, Barbados, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Bahamas), but nothing I have seen there compares to the slums of Detroit. Consequently, anytime I meet someone on a vacation and I tell them I am from Detroit, they always ask me "Is Detroit really as bad as they say?" I tell them the truth and say "yes". Of course I don't actually live in Detroit, but about 25 miles north of it.

Detroit Slums:
YouTube - A Tour Of Detroit's Ghetto

Detroit Unemployment Rate Nears 50% (third world levels):
Detroit's Unemployment Rate Is Nearly 50%, According to the Detroit News

Elderly Detroit Woman Lives In Fear Everyday:
YouTube - Detroit: Living in Fear. Third World America.

Last edited:

Squad10

I've been to locations that can be compared to Detroit, and in my opinion much worse, Madallah, Keffi, Bwari, and Karu, cities in Nigeria.

The human condition is so poor I could not bring myself to capture many images witnessed. I just focused on my work and waited to retreat to the hotel I stayed at in Abuja.

Moral/financial corruption and greed have taken a toll in these sad spots on the planet Earth.

RayAir

I've been to locations that can be compared to Detroit, and in my opinion much worse, Madallah, Keffi, Bwari, and Karu, cities in Nigeria.

The human condition is so poor I could not bring myself to capture many images witnessed. I just focused on my work and waited to retreat to the hotel I stayed at in Abuja.

Moral/financial corruption and greed have taken a toll in these sad spots on the planet Earth.
Wow, you have really been to some of the saddest places. Were you doing relief work by chance?

Squad10

No relief work. Doing site surveys for 300' self supporting tower potential locations. The Government got "kicked off" non Government owned sites they co-located on, so they need to find their own dirt and erect towers to get their 800 radio system up and operational again.

The Government operates a ten year old 800 mHz PTT registration trunked radio system. The 800 NBFM system is linked via 2.4 gHz to a Command Control Center in Abuja. Subscribers are Motorola GTX (LTR) portables and Maxtrac 300 (LTR) mobiles. All have been equipped with Transcrypt DES voice privacy. Mobiles are equipped with a flavor of APRS MIC-E GPS tracking.

Certainly was a site to see.

Project on hold because of the (oil) economic condition.

freqs

I've been to many places in the world and been through some of their "slums" (Mexico, Barbados, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Bahamas), but nothing I have seen there compares to the slums of Detroit. Consequently, anytime I meet someone on a vacation and I tell them I am from Detroit, they always ask me "Is Detroit really as bad as they say?" I tell them the truth and say "yes". Of course I don't actually live in Detroit, but about 25 miles north of it.

Detroit Slums:

But ist the Unemployment rate based on people collecting
Unemployment from the state .Now they dont even put in the factor that people like me that have been hurt at work comp pay has been cut
and then fired from our jobs .or other resons they have lost their jobs and cant collect are we included in that % of unemployed

N

N_Jay

Detroit put itself in the sh!tter.
It was an economic joke 23 years ago when Robocop was in the theaters.

RayAir

Detroit Slums:

But ist the Unemployment rate based on people collecting
Unemployment from the state .Now they dont even put in the factor that people like me that have been hurt at work comp pay has been cut
and then fired from our jobs .or other resons they have lost their jobs and cant collect are we included in that % of unemployed
Yeah, they don't count a lot of people which is why any numbers they release are not accurate and a total misrepresentation and in some cases a spin to make things seem better than they are (make it look like Obama is making a difference).

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
I reply with a quote from YouTube.

This is the result of decades of liberal policy and Union thuggery.

There's no reason for this. I thought TJ was bad. This is America FFS! When will common sense finally become part of a person's vote? Ahh, no one really cares. **shakes head** So long as there are politicians that fill that cult of personality - it's all good, ight

mancow

Database Admin
...and now they are applying the Detroit model to the rest of the Country.

Aren't we fortunate? :roll:

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.