DHS activity in Roanoke Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBeefheart

Premium Subscriber
I'm picking up activity on DHS freqs in the Roanoke Valley. Mostly dead-key X-mits and relay of weather reports. These are clearly tests. The system could be up and limping in a week or two.

If you are capable of monitoring the DHS freqs in this area, please share any info you have. We need to know what they're up to. Also, please report on the physical mobilizations of the military in your area..

CaptainBeefheart

Premium Subscriber
I am picking up activity on DHS freqs in the Roanoke valley, and we need a network of monitors to report on this activity. Please report DHS activity in this area here.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Captain, can you share some details of what you are hearing, particularly what frequencies?

I ask because DHS is a large umbrella that covers a number of separate agencies. Are you listening to CBP, ICE, FPS or what?

And I'm not sure what they would be setting up. All these agencies have pretty large nationwide communications systems.

Also, I can't say I've ever heard anyone use brief 1 second bursts of weather to set anything up. That sounds more like you are getting some mixing from some other frequency mixing with the NWS broadcasts...

- Chris

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
He may be talking about vote scanning.. the ICE repeater in Roanoke is set-up for that and it transmits every couple of minutes or so. I can't comment as to the weather reports other than the daily reports that USFS gives out on their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.