• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Did you know

Did you know that when Islam was first established (One the the three main Abrahamic Religions Judaism,Christianity,Islam) Muslims used to pray towards Jerusalem.

You probably know that Muslims consider the Koran to be the word of God as translated directly to Muhammad by the Archangel Gabriel. You probably also know that Muslims discount the Holy Bible as rubbish because it was written by man and therefore compromised.

However, did you know that the Koran mentions that the Prophet Jesus (Christ) was born of a virgin and will return to earth someday, as in Resurrection? Jesus is the only human mentioned in the Koran that achieves this status. Interesting.....

Did you also know that the Koran mentions both the Torah and the Holy Bible (Gospel) as legitimate teachings and that they are truthful or can be trusted? (hope I'm choosing my words correctly here) With that said, the Holy Bible, New Testament (or Gospel per the Koran) is all about Jesus being the son of God and that Jesus died for the sins of mankind the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

I don't have specific chapters or verses in the Koran at the moment to direct you but the basics of what I mentioned above are in there. That should make for some interesting conversation with your Muslim friends if you dare!

Did you know that when Islam was first established (One the the three main Abrahamic Religions Judaism,Christianity,Islam) Muslims used to pray towards Jerusalem.

That's interesting prcguy.

I can't say i am well read in any of the three main Abrahamic religions but i do have an interest in the roots of these religions and other religions around the world.

It would be a better world if some people focused on similarities rather than differences don't you think.

Personally i don't have Muslim friends but i do talk to some shop keepers who are born into the Muslim faith.

The differences between Christianity and Islam is too vast to come to any unification.
Sure it would be nice but it just won't happen. Having said that, there are many Christian denominations that don't agree in all matters of the teachings. We may have much that unifies us but many things that divided us. But we must not be obnoxious with those in our faith who may differ. That serves no purpose.

The differences between Christianity and Islam is too vast to come to any unification.
Sure it would be nice but it just won't happen. Having said that, there are many Christian denominations that don't agree in all matters of the teachings. We may have much that unifies us but many things that divided us. But we must not be obnoxious with those in our faith who may differ. That serves no purpose.
I would be interested in finding out these differences CrabbyMilton.

One difference that i know of personally is regarding the second commandment which refers to idols and idolatry.

The Muslim faith hold strictly to this in their mosques where you won't find any form of statues of humans,animals or other objects where as many Christian churches ignore this commandment.

I would be interested in finding out these differences CrabbyMilton.

One difference that i know of personally is regarding the second commandment which refers to idols and idolatry.

The Muslim faith hold strictly to this in their mosques where you won't find any form of statues of humans,animals or other objects where as many Christian churches ignore this commandment.
There is no strict prohibition about statues. If you read Exodus 20:4-6 as a whole (The 2nd Commandment), you'll see that the prohibition is against making images and worshiping them. People have had (and still do) a habit of doing so. In order to resist the temptation to worship idols, some have gone the extra step to not have them around thus eliminating the temptation. There is biblical precedent for "taking the extra step" as it were. One can think of it as akin to an alcoholic not keeping liquor around.

BHarvey is pretty much on target with that.
I'm a WELS LUTHERAN and most of our churches don't have statues but a few do. It is something that is neither commanded nor forbidden by God.
Same holds true with some denominations with the use of alcoholic beverages. There's nothing in scripture that forbids it's use but some contend that it is based on the fact that many abuse it.
In fact Martin Luther once said that if the devil tells you not to drink, have 2. :)
Other things such as holy baptism where Christ commands it but some denominations contend that it must be full emersion as Jesus performed it. That was just the way he did it but never said it had to be full emersion.
Here is a Q&A about WELS vs. ROMAN CATHOLIC and you can find much interesting and informative information on the site.
https://wels.net/faq/differences-between-lutherans-and-roman-catholics-on-baptism/

Thanks CrabbyMilton I will have a read about the WELS LUTHERAN faith.

Carrying on the did you know theme.

In some countries church tax is still collected and comes directly out of your wages.

Did you know.

The original religion of Iran was not Islam but Zoroastrianism.

There are still practising Zoroastrian faith people in Iran and i have spoken to a couple here in the UK.

The Zoroastrians tend to refer to themselves as Persians rather than Iranian's and at their holy places they have a burning flame.

The flame is a reference to light,Knowledge,learning and escaping darkness or ignorance.

You probably know that Muslims consider the Koran to be the word of God as translated directly to Muhammad by the Archangel Gabriel. You probably also know that Muslims discount the Holy Bible as rubbish because it was written by man and therefore compromised.

However, did you know that the Koran mentions that the Prophet Jesus (Christ) was born of a virgin and will return to earth someday, as in Resurrection? Jesus is the only human mentioned in the Koran that achieves this status. Interesting.....

Did you also know that the Koran mentions both the Torah and the Holy Bible (Gospel) as legitimate teachings and that they are truthful or can be trusted? (hope I'm choosing my words correctly here) With that said, the Holy Bible, New Testament (or Gospel per the Koran) is all about Jesus being the son of God and that Jesus died for the sins of mankind the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

I don't have specific chapters or verses in the Koran at the moment to direct you but the basics of what I mentioned above are in there. That should make for some interesting conversation with your Muslim friends if you dare!

I knew about all this. But I like to use Samuel clemens' words to describe Islam. "Rags, wretchedness, poverty and dirt, those signs and symbols that indicate the presence of Moslem rule" From the book Innocents Abroad 1869.

Within the context of the Koran it is sanctioned to commit sin. Where's in the Bible it goes against God to sin. Don't believe me? Ask several thousand Christians who have had their heads cut off.

Full disclosure. My uncle is a Christian Egyptian. He had a so-called Muslim friend (long story). I would play with this Muslim's son and never did care for him. He was very snottie and by decree of his own messed up religion got to order his younger sister around. In fact, she couldn't do a damn thing unless he gave her permission. Hatted that little :poop:.