Digital Audio Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

When listening to various feeds, the quality of the audio seems to be poor. The tone seems to very base and mushy at times. I think that I have read the digital audio is not as good a analog and may be my problem.

However, I wonder if there a way or another software program to adjust the tone or improve the quality.

Thank you,

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1309251116) Presto/2.11.355 Version/12.10)

The clarity depends on the source, the encoding method, transmission speeds, and the decoding system.

ab5r

Thank you, but the problem seems to be more or less universal, not one frequency.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Do you have more than one computer? If so, how does the same feed sound, comparing one computer to the other?

How about comparing one feed to another?

Which feeds are youbhaving issues with, so someone else can give them a try?

Sent from Tapatalk

ab5r

I only have one computer. I tried last night using the different players supplied by Broadcastify and even tried changing the mixer of the audio of the computer. There WERE differences with the supplied players. REAL seemed to be the better.

Thanks you reply. It's no big deal; I was just curious.
Regards

Havoc737903

Premium Subscriber
I find that digital audio sounds a bit muddy compared to the days of analog radio transmissions. Plus with analog radio you could usually make out at least a few words in a static filled transmission. With even the slightest signal loss or poor reception can make a whole transmission unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.