Digital background noise with stereo feed setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

herribe

I have a bit of an issue with doing a left/right audio feed... wondering if anyone can explain the reason and whether or not I have something set wrong in the software.

When broadcasting in mono mode the audio is nice and clear. However, when I enable stereo input in the ScannerCast software and do the left and right audio input from two separate sources, the audio seems to be more distorted when monitoring the feed... it has what I would describe as a "digital" sounding quality. Such is the case on both the left and right audio channels.

All level settings and cabling is correct. Left and Right channnel separation appears to be good... the audio just has a stong hint of digital-ness sound to it.

MediCop

I was looking through the forums for the same reason. I recently changed to a stereo feed and am having the same issue. If I have it set to mono, both channels are very clean and clear (although both are coming out of both left and right channels). However, when I changed to "stereo", I get a very digital-sounding audio when listening through the net. One of the channels IS actually P25, but it sounds clean through my scanner or computer speakers (live audio). The other channel is pure analog.

I wish someone with knowledge of the software would give their input to this.

talkpair

It sounds like you need to change your bit rate setting (double it).

If your mono feed bit rate was 16 K, your stereo (2 mono channels) needs to be 32 K for the same audio quality.

You may also need to change your sampling rate from 11025 to 22050.

Be sure to write down your current (working) settings before making any changes.

Good Luck.

herribe

I'm running ScannerCast RR edition V0.14 and have tried putting a check mark in the box for stereo feed, which I was thinking would automatically change it to a 32 K feed bit rate. It does in fact split the audio into left and right channels but apparently the bit rate remains at 16 K. I haven't found a way to manually change the sampling rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.