Digital BCD396T gets same funny noise as BR330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtymer

My local police office (Strathroy, Ontario) was on 142.3350 analog. My BR330T picked it up perfectly. One day I started getting a brrrrrrrrrrrrrp sound on every transmission and have not been able to hear any voice since. So I purchased a BCD396T and when I tune it to 142.3350 I still get the brrrrrrr...... sound. I am really new at this and want to figure it out for myself BUT I am stuck. Can someone give me the first and second clue as to what I might change in the settings of the BCD396T to start on the way to hearing these broadcasts again? There are approximately 30 mobile police cars in this system so I think it should be fairly basic.

D

DaveNF2G

I believe those frequencies in Ontario are also trunked, so just parking on one to listen might not work well. Try the Eastern Ontario Forum for more details.

oldtymer

Thank you very much.

Thank you for the quick replies. You certainly have saved me a ton of time. This is the very first time I heard about the MOTOTRBO system. I think I will ask more questions rather than try to figure stuff out on my own so much. I still am eager to find things out myself, but, I probably would have wasted two or three weeks with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.