DIGITAL for Burlington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickter98

Type of Digital System for Burlington County TRS

Hey everyone! Just wondering if the system is on a 3600 or 9600 control channel? I just recently bought a BC785D and that would be a real bummer if the system is 9600 as the 796D is the only one that can handle it. Thanks. :roll:

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Re: Type of Digital System for Burlington County TRS

Rickter98 said:
Hey everyone! Just wondering if the system is on a 3600 or 9600 control channel? I just recently bought a BC785D and that would be a real bummer if the system is 9600 as the 796D is the only one that can handle it. Thanks. :roll:

The Burlington County TRS is 3600. 9600 systems are listed in the database on this site as "Project 25 Standard." If it says "Motorola" then it's 3600.

-Eric

Rickter98

Re: Type of Digital System for Burlington County TRS

ericcarlson said:
Rickter98 said:

The Burlington County TRS is 3600. 9600 systems are listed in the database on this site as "Project 25 Standard." If it says "Motorola" then it's 3600.

-Eric

Thanks again Eric. I've actually read that some where, but I just didn't put the pieces together. My "noviceness" really shows doesn't it?

burlcoradio

796D or PRO 96 for Burlco's 500MHz ASTRO system?

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in hearing from those of you who are currently using the 796D or the PRO 96 for monitoring Burlco's new system. I am currently in the decision-making process of which receiver to purchase and call my own.

I really like the 796D but I am concerned that the manually adjusted digitial decoding will not render the audio as well as the automatically adjusted decoding routine in the PRO 96.

What model do you have?
How is the audio on the P3 and P4 Talkgroups?
Do you have both models? Which one do you prefer using?

Please reply!

Paul

njscanmaster

Premium Subscriber
Re: 796D or PRO 96 for Burlco's 500MHz ASTRO system?

burlcoradio said:
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in hearing from those of you who are currently using the 796D or the PRO 96 for monitoring Burlco's new system. I am currently in the decision-making process of which receiver to purchase and call my own.

I really like the 796D but I am concerned that the manually adjusted digitial decoding will not render the audio as well as the automatically adjusted decoding routine in the PRO 96.

What model do you have?
How is the audio on the P3 and P4 Talkgroups?
Do you have both models? Which one do you prefer using?

Please reply!

Paul

Hi Paul
I have all Bearcats here and you have And I hear all the Burlco's new system good

burlcoradio

796D or PRO 96 for monitoring Burlco's ASTRO system?

Thats good news.. WOW!

After some more reading here on the forums, I have realized that the automatic decoding feature that I mentioned is known as AGC (automatic Gain Control). Also, it appears that the AGC has more to do with the audio stage of things than the actual DSP A/D conversion of a received signal.

Has anyone else logged some listening time on Burlco's ASTRO system?
Please step up!
Everyone is welcome.

bigreddawg76

Premium Subscriber
I've listened to Burlington w/ my 796 w/ no problems from Southern Ocean County

burlcoradio

Chris,

Thats excellent. Now if I could only afford the radio, RSS, latest flash... at least I know that its possible to monitor the new system with an ASTRO Saber. I really enjoy using my Systems Sabers for conventional monitoring but I went the consumer route and bought a PRO-96 to step into the digital arena.

Paul

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The BurlCo site frequencies and talkgroups can be found on Scanner Master's e-Book for the Philadelphia area.

Status
Not open for further replies.