digital for sarpy county

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
There is an audio feed for Sarpy county here on RR. If you are asking about the digital talkgroups those are encrypted P25 transmissions.

youcandoit

Sarpy county

i know about the audio feed for Sarpy county here on RR. thank you i was asking if some one had a digital radio maybe they could put on a digital feed for
sarpy county i do listen to the feed but can`t hear any digital but i do for omaha on RR

thank you again for all your help.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
You don't understand.

If its DIGITAL then it is ENCRYPTED, thus you won't and are not able to hear anything. You won't find anyone who has a radio on the system that is stupid enough to allow for dig enc TGs to be streamed online. Not to mention the legalities of it.

xmo

Just to be clear - the Sarpy system is mixed-mode. It is capable of both analog and digital modulation formats.

Primary dispatch talkgroups are all analog and are not encrypted.

All Sarpy digital talkgroups are encrypted. This was a configuration choice made by Sarpy. Other mixed-mode systems might use their digital capability differently.

mikeoz

Sarpy Digital

XMO

In the Sarpy County Public Safety Trunk System, they have 98% of the talk groups are either Analog or Encrypted. The mixed mode (digital/analog) is for interoperability with the Douglas County NMLRS system. The original designation for Motorola type II system for encrypted channels was "Digital". With the introduction of Apco-25 that term has changed to "Encrypted". I have submitted the change to the RR Database to get updated the next few days.

FYI it is not legal to listen (or rebroadcast) to any encrypted voice traffic. Radio Reference goes as far as not wanting "Analog" Tac or Hospital talkgroups as part of their feeds.

Thanks

youcandoit

i am sorry

i am new at this and did not know about this
i have a bct15x and i was thinking about getting a digital radio
but i am glad you told me all about what you told me
thank you for your help.

no digital radio for me. thank`s god bless

SCPD

QRT
no digital radio for me.
I wouldn't say that so quickly. NSP and NDOR are going to a statewide digital trunking system. It may take a while before it is up and running around here.
Read up on the thread at the top of the forum about the statewide system.

xmo

"...The mixed mode (digital/analog) is for interoperability with the Douglas County NMLRS system...."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naah.

Mixed-mode is a term which identifies a Motorola infrastructure as being capable of supporting both analog and digital operation. This term could be applied to a system as simple as a single Motorola Quantar repeater or as complex as a Smartzone 3.X or 4.X system where one or more channels can be configured as mixed-mode.

Channels, talkgroups, and user radios in a Motorola Smartzone 3.X system like Sarpy can be configured for analog operation, 12KBPS Securenet encrypted operation, Astro digital [IMBE / CAI] clear operation and Astro encrypted operation. Which capabilities are actually employed in any given system is a design decision / customer selection. The Sarpy system does not have 12KBPS Securenet capability.

Nothing about the mixed-mode capability of the Sarpy system has any bearing whatsoever with respect to interoperability with a Smartzone 7.X Astro25 / P25 trunked system such as the OPPD/Douglas County system.

Sarpy - Douglas interoperability is achieved in a variety of ways such as programming the Sarpy system [and talkgroups] into Douglas radios and visa-versa, common conventional mutual aid channels, dispatch-to-dispatch tie-line links, gateways, etc.

mikeoz

Sarpy County Digital

i am new at this and did not know about this
i have a bct15x and i was thinking about getting a digital radio
but i am glad you told me all about what you told me
thank you for your help.

no digital radio for me. thank`s god bless

No worries. This is a great system to listen to with a analog scanner. That does not mean that it will not go digital in the future. Also all of the Nebraska State Patrol, Cass Co and Douglas Co are digital. The BCT-15X is a very nice radio. I have 3ea BCT-15 (no X) and have had great luck with the Sarpy stuff. Let me know if you need any help with the radio.

Monday January 18th is the next Omaha Scanner Club Meeting at Papio NRD offices at Chalco Hills Rec Center by Sapp Bros. Please attend as we love to assist new scanning people.

SCPD

QRT
I had no idea Sarpy was analog as I use to get them using a trunking talkgroup (which I thought was digital). What do they broadcast in analog and what do they broadcast in digital?

SCPD

QRT
All LE icalls are P25 encrypted, unless they loose the key and don't realize it. Most if not all digital talkgroups are encrypted. So really no one can listen to the digital talkgroups.

SCPD

QRT
Maybe I'm not understanding what a digital trunkgroup is then. I'm broadcasting OPD to RR and they use Digital Trunking (which I thought was talkgroups)

SCPD

QRT
All of douglas county, with the exception of few talkgroups, are digital unencrypted. You can listen to them.

Maybe I'm not understanding what a digital trunkgroup is then. I'm broadcasting OPD to RR and they use Digital Trunking (which I thought was talkgroups)

To help you understand talkgroups, here is a link to one of the well-written wikis that this fine website has to offer on talkgroups, trunking, etc.

Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

When you are broadcasting to RR to stream your scanner to listeners around the world, digital trunking has nothing to do with it. In layman's terms you are "streaming audio".

Here is another link to help you understand on how "broadcasting" your scanner works.

Streaming media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.