Digital Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterpapa

Well I have a Radio Shack Pro 2055 and have recently hooked it back up in my vehicle. I programmed a few frequencies in but from some reason I can't get most of them. I am able to get Woodstock/Cherokee police fine along with a few others. The ones I am having an issue with is Gainesville, GA Police, Forsyth County SO and Hall County SO. Have these departments gone digital? I know that my scanner is not digital and I am afraid that these agencies have gone digital. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Well I have a Radio Shack Pro 2055 and have recently hooked it back up in my vehicle. I programmed a few frequencies in but from some reason I can't get most of them. I am able to get Woodstock/Cherokee police fine along with a few others. The ones I am having an issue with is Gainesville, GA Police, Forsyth County SO and Hall County SO. Have these departments gone digital? I know that my scanner is not digital and I am afraid that these agencies have gone digital. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Gainesville/Hall county switched to an 800MHz digital encrypted trunked system, and cannot be monitored on any scanner. This was back in 2007/2008. Forsyth county also uses an 800MHz digital trunking system however they are NOT encrypted, you will have to buy a new digital scanner to listen to them.

N8IAA

Just to add what MTS2000des has said, Hall and Forsyth counties have gone digital. Gwinnett, DeKalb, and the city of Atlanta are digital too. Hall fire, jail, and event TGID's are in the clear. Forsyth only encrypts on SWAT and fire investigaters. Gwinnett has only eleven fire TGID's in the clear. No PD or SO. DeKalb and Atlanta don't have any encrypted TGID's. The Radio Shack Pro-106 handheld, or, the Pro-197 base/mobile, are great for monitoring the digital systems in the metro area.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.