• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Digital Radio by Motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniboy

Hello

Any one knows some digital radios from Motorola.

I Have a question, how can we see the GPS data sent by the radio?

I hope someone can help me...I'm new on this area.

thanks anyway
best regards

Daniboy

N

N_Jay

Hello

Any one knows some digital radios from Motorola.

I Have a question, how can we see the GPS data sent by the radio?

I hope someone can help me...I'm new on this area.

thanks anyway
best regards

Daniboy

What digital radios?
What GPS data?

daniboy

so the equipment is a Motorola DP3601, and has a built GPS inside....I need to know the format of GPS Data ssent by the equipment

Best regards
daniboy

N

N_Jay

so the equipment is a Motorola DP3601, and has a built GPS inside....I need to know the format of GPS Data ssent by the equipment

Best regards
daniboy

That is MOTOTRBO.

You will need to either buy a radio and play, or talk to Motorola to see what they have in the way of an SDK and support for third party development.

Are you trying to get the GPS off the air, or out of the base end radio?

daniboy

Yes is a MOTOTRBO.

I have 2 radios, but I don't know if I can send GPS position from one to the other, and how can I do that.

Then I need to know The format of the message sent.

I don't understand what are you asking "Are you trying to get the GPS off the air, or out of the base end radio?"

This radios has the GPS power on automatic by programming the codeplug.

best regards
daniboy

N

N_Jay

Yes is a MOTOTRBO.

I have 2 radios, but I don't know if I can send GPS position from one to the other, and how can I do that.

Then I need to know The format of the message sent.

I don't understand what are you asking "Are you trying to get the GPS off the air, or out of the base end radio?"

This radios has the GPS power on automatic by programming the codeplug.

best regards
daniboy

Motorola probably sells some equipment to get the GPS.

Josh

It's pricey...

and also, I don't think the radios will send GPS data unit to unit, but rather portable or mobile to base radio connected to a computer with the GPS mapping software installed.

-Josh

daniboy

Ok, so I will check this info.

Motorola has a program to receive GPS data, but I think that iso not necessary. Maybe if I connect the base Station to the PC and check the Tx and Rx data I can describe the GPS data.

I will use a base Station connected to a PC and see what is appen. The I post here more info.

Thanks

Best Regards
Daniel Pereira

daniboy

Hello again

so I tried to connect my pc with a base Station DM3601, but something is wrong.

My CPS (program software) works well with the DP3601, but give me an erro when I try read the DM3601.

Anyone knows what means this error? - "error #1164", and someone knows the rigth software that I can use to read and write this model?

best regards
Daniboy

Status
Not open for further replies.