Digital Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
alright so with the recent switch of VB to ORION and a couple other cities going digital, i would like to know what digital Handheld scannr should I buy?? I've been looking at the Pro-106 but haven't decided?

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I have just gotten the GRE PSR-500. I live out in the boonies but travel around a lot. it works great. I have it on side by side with my desk top and find that it does not miss any calls on the rubber duckie antena.

bkantor

I have both the Pro-106 (same as PSR-500) and the GRE PSR-800. Love them both for digital, so it depends on your hobby preferences (although I find the 800 more sensitive). If you like more traditional scanners with the ability to program on the fly, have full control either via keyboard or software, then the Pro-106/PSR-500 would probably be a better choice. If you want a less complicated (and less hands on) experience with the entire US database on your radio with the ability to set up playlists and select them, but no direct entry capabilities (without a PC), then the PSR-800 (or Pro-18) is a better choice.

Both have their pluses and minuses, but I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. As I get older, my preference is quicker and easier, so I lean towards the 800.

Good luck with your choice!

Bob

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
IMO in following order:
Win500 becuse all TSYS & TGRP and details are on same page and by far best for Remote Ops.
PSREdit
ARC500

SCPD

QRT
alright so have been looking on Scanner Master all they have is ARC500 and the ARC500 Deluxe, oh and does anybody know anything abouth the Pro-18 not that i'll get it. I'll probably end up getting the 106 and the ARC500 CD

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
i might try that but im thinking about ordering the scanner and software from Scannermaster
Reed this.http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...l-arc-500-software-thread-19.html#post1604926

Also one wonders why Full version is stuck on 1.4 while basic has surpassed to 1.5 then 1.6 then 1.7.

Full version (mine) has been waiting for a long time to correctly import from RR.

He also stated
Originally Posted by Butelsoftware
The problem with auto logging is that we can not reliably tell which system the id belongs to.

If he would set it up, the scanner user can reliably tell. Win500 will allow a setting to auto detect in remote operations. ARC won't even give us a chance.

However, do as you wish! :D

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
yea and dont you have to download them and dont u have to have a premium subscription?
Yes, use a link provided above to download. Buy the scanner and cable from any source. ScannerMaster is ok. Do not let them talk you into ARC.

Get Premium subscription directly from RR home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.