Disney World Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpsartre26

Howdy! Does anyone know the exact frequencies and system information for the Walt Disney World trunked system(s)? For the life of me I cannot find the exact Walt Disney World trunked system information. I'm going to Disney soon and I was hoping to listen in on their action. The conventional frequencies were easy to find but their trunked information seems much more difficult. The closet system I found which seems to be related to Walt Disney world is "Reedy Creek Improvment District" and "Walt Disney World Cruise Lines." The trunked information I was able to find for what seemed like the actual WDW system did not include system type, nor were the frequencies consistent with one another after
cross-referencing them with other websites. I would truly appreciate anyone's wisdom on this matter.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
jpsartre26 said:
Howdy! Does anyone know the exact frequencies and system information for the Walt Disney World trunked system(s)?

Disney is strictly Nextel so forget about scanning them.

Reedy Creek was testing a P25 system about 3 weeks ago when I was down there and I believe they've switched over. Posting your query in the Florida forum would probably get you more information.

StaticLine

Yep, same for me mike.I was down there a couple weeks ago.Disneys all nextel.Orange county is starting to go over to encryption.I placed a thread in the Fl forum and got some info for ems and fire.I wound up using the v-scanner load on the pro-96 and heard all I could keep up with.Even alot from out lying areas.If you look back in the Fl forum the replies to my post is still there I guess.Have fun!!!John

NYRHKY94

Just to chime in also, I was down at Port Orleans Riverside all last week and brought my Pro-96 along with me. I also used a V-Scanner profile I had set-up before the trip and it worked out very well down there. As noted by the other posters, there is no park activity monitoring to be had for Disney (Nextel based), however Reedy Creek was up & running for me as was the Orange County SO sectors. OC SO was quite active, which made for good monitoring.

If anyone is interested, I would be glad to e-mail the P96 file I used for my trip.

Rover

Sorry, meant only as refernce. I have picked up low power comms there at MGM near playhouse Disney in the 180 -200 mhz range as of winter 2007. Mostly stage coms and such. I have searched the net for info on Disney comms and found this about a year ago. I figured even if Disney Ca might give a starting point for Fla. Should have posted as reference only, All the Best...73

Rover

dsnymj

Premium Subscriber
ecps92 said:
Rover, this was on Disney Land [California], Disney World is in Florida.

Altho not displayed, the HTML indicates this is apparently written/posted on 08.26.1996
Nice reference, but most likely outdated

I know the author of this article and at least one of his sources... the Disneyland info is pretty much out of date, although it does indicate frequency ranges which should be searched for wireless microphone and show control headset loops at both U.S. Disney resorts.

Mark J.

Rover

I have seen a comercial- like HTs (in the past ) being used during the "Parades" by WDW employees walking along with the floats...any ideas on the frequencies?

Thanks + 73 Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.