Dispaching in Dolphin Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinzep491

Hey. I'm a scanner fanatic still in the beginning stages, and have a question.

I am under the understanding that all 911 calls come to the DaCo dispach center. My first question is how do these calls get to the individual townships (ie- Susquehanna, Penbrook, LP, Paxtang, Steelton). Does the dispach center relay these over a mutual sharred county radio channel for everyone to listen too, or do they transmit on that township's particular frequency.

I live in Susquehanna Twp and scan them frequently, and I have yet to hear a call dispached on this channel. Its just police operations. How do they get their calls?

Now that DaCo is migrating to their new system, will this change my ability to hear different townships being dispached. I understand that most townships (with the exception of LP) are not joining the county on their new digital system, so how do these departments get their calls. Is it a patch on a nondigital frequency,are they dispached via computer.. or what?

Thanks for any and all input

vz491

vinzep491

***Dauphin County, very stupid mistake, couldnt figure out how to edit the title in my post.

Can anyone help me

thanks

Tommahawk

If memory serves me correctly (man I'm getting old) and without reference, and assuming you are just talking about the Fire side of things, then yes Dauphin County dispatches on one main channel 33.80mhz...

If you look up on Radio Reference you may see frequencies for individual fire departments. These are mainly "TAC" (Tactical) frequencies used by departments to speak to each other without tying up the County assigned frequencies.

EMS is dispatched on either Med Channel 9 or 10 (I forget which)

And the police for the most part use the assigned frequencies listed in RR Database...

Just a quick take on it to get you started..

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Susquehanna is dispatched on Dauphin PD 1 460.075 pl203.5 as 12xx units. You may hear very little of actual dispatches than operations because every department on PD1 with the exception of Lower Paxton PD 13xx units can be dispatched on their MDTs via IMOBILE. You will however hear major calls dispatched like burglary in progress, domestics, and pretty much anything requiring the response of multiple units. Hope this helps. In regards to your second question about the new system PD1 and PD2 are the two PD dispatch channels and their corresponding talkgroups on the new system will not be encrypted. So what you hear on those now you should be able to continue to listen to if you have a digital scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.