DMR and DT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I have submitted info to the DB for the new DT3 system I found and just like when searching it for tg's and traffic it hangs and doesn't scan, it doesn't resume . I had this problem while searching in conventional as well...

A DMR system which seems to have multiple businesses or something on one license. But some of the TG's come in great and some sound like it's off frequency or whispering, and some can't decode or sounds encrypted when it's not indicated, and all this on conventional search, once it's programmed as a DMR trunking system I only get part of the traffic, I get mor traffic in conventional overall then once it's programmed..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ubbe

It doesn't decode properly. What is the signalstrenght, less then 3 bars and it is too low to be able to decode properly. If you have a higher signal then it could be interferencies that disturbs the reception.

In trunked system it only decodes the control channel and if the decode isn't working 100% you will miss conversations as it cometimes cant move to the traffic channel due to decode problem.

There is a digital squelch called "Digital Threshold" that is using different settings for search and for trunked system. If you set it to "Manual" and "5" it will have the lowest squelch setting, it tries to decode even at weak signals and you will get garbled voice and it hangs on channels. Setting it to "10" will make it decode only strong signals and you will not get garbled sound nor will it hang on to channels, but as it filters out the weaker signals you will also hear less traffic. Upman suggests to use "8" to get a good balance.

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
"sound like it's off frequency or whispering"

sounds like "basic privacy" - a form of encryption (or at least something that keeps people from listening).

Hearing more in conventional mode vs. trunked could mean a couple of things: the radio isn't processing the system in trunked mode well/properly and/or all of the information required to track the system isn't being provided. Of course, it could be a bug as well.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It's set to 5 and manual it's also a very strong signal, 2 talk groups always come in, 1 always sounds weak or whispery the others and intermittent, same control channel or system

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
DT3 Hangs while scanning, doesn't resume scanning even from full database

Even the submitted info in the DB hangs the same as conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.