DMR and ProVoice DYI Firmware Upgrade Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLR2019

Random Member
another Question

is the BCD436Hp able to pick up the following....
MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus Trunked Radio Systems
MOTOTRBO Connect Plus Trunked Radio Systems
MOTOTRBO Linked Capacity Plus Systems
DMR Tier III Trunking

cause im looking at bcd325p2 and the bcd436hp and the only thing i see different is that the 436 is better for it has loads of amazing Features.. like for example it can pick up higher frequencies then the XXXP2 and record audio, as well as other things i could go on and onto saying but im kinda screaming on the inside like a little girl cause it seems so amazing!!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
is the BCD436Hp able to pick up the following....
MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus Trunked Radio Systems
MOTOTRBO Connect Plus Trunked Radio Systems
MOTOTRBO Linked Capacity Plus Systems
DMR Tier III Trunking

cause im looking at bcd325p2 and the bcd436hp and the only thing i see different is that the 436 is better for it has loads of amazing Features.. like for example it can pick up higher frequencies then the XXXP2 and record audio, as well as other things i could go on and onto saying but im kinda screaming on the inside like a little girl cause it seems so amazing!!

YES with the PAID DMR firmware update.

TLR2019

Random Member
thats not specifically listed in the 436 wiki....but heck since you said yes im now 100% sold on getting rid of my 325p2 for a 436..... :D

twotoejoe

Saying that the customer will not need to repurchase keys. I know that sometimes repair does enter the keys (they email me for a key). This is probably happening when the entire unit has to be replaced (new ESN).

So, my 536hp is being delivered tomorrow. I purchased it off of Amazon from a seller and paid extra for them to program it to my area. However they called me and said I would have to call in and get the DMR key. Are you the one I'll be talking with tomorrow?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So, my 536hp is being delivered tomorrow. I purchased it off of Amazon from a seller and paid extra for them to program it to my area.

The 536 is already programmed, you don't need to pay a 3rd party to program it. Updating the Main Database in Sentinel is 2 mouse clicks, and writing the Main Database to the scanner is a button press on the scanner + 3-4 more mouse clicks, depending on the options you choose. Filling a Favorite List with local stuff from the Main Database is literally 3 mouse clicks in Sentinel, once you've set your location, Service types of interest, and how far out you want to listen.

I hope they didn't charge you very much for that service.

kmi8dy

dmr/pro

just did mine on the feb 12 2018 and it was 60 for dmr and 50 fo pro. still cheaper then buying the other brand of scanner with them allready installed.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So, my 536hp is being delivered tomorrow. I purchased it off of Amazon from a seller and paid extra for them to program it to my area. However they called me and said I would have to call in and get the DMR key. Are you the one I'll be talking with tomorrow?

Are you expecting the scanner to arrive with DMR/MotoTRBO systems programmed? That's impossible without the DMR upgrade so you will end up programming anyways.

Here is the Uniden link on DMR upgrade info.
DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

twotoejoe

Are you expecting the scanner to arrive with DMR/MotoTRBO systems programmed? That's impossible without the DMR upgrade so you will end up programming anyways.

Here is the Uniden link on DMR upgrade info.
DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Well, evidently that's exactly what has happened. I turned it on after I unpacked it and I heard nothing for about 1 hour. I downloaded DMR upgrade and then it started picking up my local SO, dispatch and others that had been programmed.

Now I just got to figure out all the other stuff this thing will do! (And how to make it do them)

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to check to see if a 436 has the DMR/Provoice upgrade already installed?

Thanks.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Is there a way to check to see if a 436 has the DMR/Provoice upgrade already installed?

Thanks.

Yes, Go into Settings>Upgrade and select the mode. The radio will report that the upgrade is already in the radio if it is.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Go into Settings>Upgrade and select the mode. The radio will report that the upgrade is already in the radio if it is.

Hi Rich.

Thank you for the info.

I appreciate it !

Will it also show the licensed "Key Numbers". ?

N9JIG

Sheriff
No, it will not, but once it is installed they are not needed.

The key codes are one-time use and tied to the radio itself so they cannot be used for another radio or mode type.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
No, it will not, but once it is installed they are not needed.

The key codes are one-time use and tied to the radio itself so they cannot be used for another radio or mode type.

Thanks again Rich.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Key Codes

Be sure to keep your “Key Codes” in a safe place as you may need them in the future, i.e. after certain repairs or if you sell the radio you should give the “key codes” to the person buying the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.