DMR and ProVoice Release for BCDxxxP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You don't enter the hyphen. Just enter the digits, then press E. I'm updating the instructions as soon as I verify the key generator. Sorry, I last updated one months ago and forgot we'd made that change (to make it easier to enter).

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
You don't enter the hyphen. Just enter the digits, then press E. I'm updating the instructions as soon as I verify the key generator. Sorry, I last updated one months ago and forgot we'd made that change (to make it easier to enter).

I see that the hyphen is not an option, Paul. I'm entering it exactly as you state, in four parts. It tells me how many characters I have for each. I'm absolutely positively entering the correct info as given, and it fails each time. You've seen by now that others are having the same issue.

Thanks.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Input 1st part(6 digits) and hit enter.
Input 2nd part(8 digits) and hit enter.
Input 3rd part(6 digits) and hit enter.
Input 4th part(4 digits) and hit enter.
Processing Please Wait
Incorrect Enter
Press Any Key

I think it has something to do with the wrong key generator.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
He accidentally used an old version of the generator. Fixing it now. I'll let you know how to get your revised key shortly.

Sorry 'bout that.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
He just said you don't enter the hyphen....

Will ARC-XT be able to be used to program the DMR portion? That is the pivotal point for me ordering the DMR upgrade or not.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In about 15-20 minutes, just go back into your registered scanner at my.uniden.com and click "generate key" to get the corrected key.

Scancapecod: Bonus for being first to report: we used your's as a test and have already generated the key. It is in your account, now.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I have sent the protocol info to Butel (and Proscan and Freescan). I know that Butel and Proscan at least are working on it (Proscan indicated that they are ready, but I would expect Butel to be not far behind).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Oh, and any keys generated now should be good. If you were waiting to purchase, it should all be good, now.

garys

Premium Subscriber
And Debbie Downer checks in to spoil the punch bowl. Thanks.

Whistler did not have any problems with charges on their ordering system when their updated went live..... oh wait. :roll:

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
And Debbie Downer checks in to spoil the punch bowl. Thanks.

I try my best. In all honesty, I am very excited to see upgrades for additional scanners than were not original announced. It shows that Uniden is still doing development for their devices. A decent amount of x36 owners, including myself, have felt that they were not doing very much. This shows that we really don't know what they may have up their sleeves. I am actually somewhat excited to see what my come in the future now.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
If Gommert (Butel) said he is working on it, I am confident he will get it done. I have been critical before of some of Unidens practices, but this really pleases me, that such a workhorse scanner is being upgraded. I will get keys soon, thank you.

Can you please address the talkgroup display issue? Digital radio formats display talkgroups or the ID associated with them, this is very critical to know what/who you're listening to. (Not talking about radio ID's) Will the 996P2 show talkgroups on the screen when receiving DMR transmissions?

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Wow. Just wow. Never expected to see Uniden add any additional protocols to the xP2 products. This is great news!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
By the way DMR/TRBO reception is excellent. thanks

Indeed, audio sounds quite good, maybe even better than that of the 436/536 to my ear anyway.

ProScan may have something ready to go in their version 11.6. It indicates "Added - BCD996P2 and BCD325P2 DMR / MotoTRBO Database and History Logging support." for a version 11.6 released yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.