Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Ryan,
Try setting one of those up as a one frequency EDACS trunked system (EDACS SCAT), and see if it works.

Tried it out. It lands on the frequency but again but the voice fails to decode. Just the sound of the data packets.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
I have never, ever, heard of a ProVoice conventional channel.
We have several simplex Provoice channels in use in my area. I have to use a dedicated transceiver to monitor those. I would like it if the firmware could be upgraded to monitor simplex Provoice too.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Theo

Premium Subscriber
You might want to contact Butel, and ask if they have updated their software.
I have contacted Butel the last two days via email and he will not disclosed when the Arc-XT Ver.2 will be upgraded just that they are working on it ! You would think they would coordinate the updates together! So here I sit waiting!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
While I don't have either scanner, I am excited Uniden has developed this update. I currently have a 436 and will likely add either the 996p2 or the 536, in the future for my ProVoice listening.

Just a little over a year ago, who'd have thought I would be listening to ProVoice on a scanner??? :p

On the Uniden upgrade page, it says:

During conventional scan, when the scanner stops on a DMR transmission, the following information will be displayed:

DMR -- for DMR One-Frequency systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code, if you selected Search when programming the channel.
CON -- for MotoTRBO Connect Plus systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code, if you selected Search when programming the channel.
CAP -- for MotoTRBO Capacity Plus systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2), the received color code if you selected Search when programming the channel.
DT3 -- for DMR Tier III Trunked system. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code if you selected Search when programming the channel.

But when I scan what I believe is a Cap+ system with the "rest channel" behavior (no fixed control channel), i only see a "CC1" which I assume means Color Code 1, and not the aforementioned DMR system type. I know for sure it's a MotoTRBO system. Is there a display mode setting I need to select to get the protocol information?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have sent the protocol info to Butel (and Proscan and Freescan). I know that Butel and Proscan at least are working on it (Proscan indicated that they are ready, but I would expect Butel to be not far behind).

Uniden shows once again, how friendly they are to 3rd party app developers. Thanks UPMan.

colbymitchell69

Feed Provider
So can anyone tell me if i have to purchase a new DMR key when i have one for my BCD536HP? I want to add it to my BCD996P2 every time i try to enter the key it says wrong enter???

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So can anyone tell me if i have to purchase a new DMR key when i have one for my BCD536HP? I want to add it to my BCD996P2 every time i try to enter the key it says wrong enter???

Each scanner must have it's own key for each upgrade. The key is unique to the scanner's electronic serial number and can not be used for any other scanner.

From the Uniden DMR website:

Q: Do I have to pay for a separate upgrade for each scanner I own?
A: Yes. We have to pay a royalty on each scanner upgraded, as well.
DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

KC2JS

Feed Provider
I have updated my 325P2 with DMR. While in custom search it is not decoding. I hear the data stream but it does not decode. If I program the same ham frequency in as a single freq system it works and decode fine. Has anyone been able to decode during a custom search?

Thanks!

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
I have updated my 325P2 with DMR. While in custom search it is not decoding. I hear the data stream but it does not decode. If I program the same ham frequency in as a single freq system it works and decode fine. Has anyone been able to decode during a custom search?

Thanks!

Same with mine. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if it just operates differently to the x36 scanners that will decode DMR n custom search (or show relevant Control Channel info).

I am hoping there is a way to make it show other data / perform voice decoding in search modes and that I just haven't discovered it yet!

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Same with mine. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if it just operates differently to the x36 scanners that will decode DMR n custom search (or show relevant Control Channel info).

I am hoping there is a way to make it show other data / perform voice decoding in search modes and that I just haven't discovered it yet!

From the upgrade page...

DMR Reception in Custom or Service Searches
During a search, when the scanner stops on a DMR transmission, the following information will be displayed:

DMR -- for DMR One-Frequency systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code.
CON -- for MotoTRBO Connect Plus systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code.
CAP -- for MotoTRBO Capacity Plus systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2), and the received color code.
DT3 -- for DMR Tier III Trunked system. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
From the upgrade page...

During a search, when the scanner stops on a DMR transmission, the following information will be displayed:

DMR -- for DMR One-Frequency systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code.
CON -- for MotoTRBO Connect Plus systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code.
CAP -- for MotoTRBO Capacity Plus systems. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2), and the received color code.
DT3 -- for DMR Tier III Trunked system. The scanner will also display the current slot number (S1 or S2) and the received color code.

Yes, that is what it is supposed to do. But mine doesn't. It just sits there pumping out DMR digital sounds. The display doesn't show any of the Slot or DT3 codes. Is there something that needs to be switched on for this to happen?

And I've verified that it is DMR signals I'm finding in search, and not NXDN or some other digital mode. The same radio is decoding audio fine when programmed as a DMR system / frequency.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
From the upgrade page...

I don't have a 996P2, but maybe the "Tone/Code Search" setting under "Search/Close Call Options" needs to be set to "P25 NAC Search"? Assuming the 996P2 has this setting.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a 996P2, but maybe the "Tone/Code Search" setting under "Search/Close Call Options" needs to be set to "P25 NAC Search"? Assuming the 996P2 has this setting.

That might be a step closer Kevin, thanks for the suggestion. Now it flashes the colour code number and mutes the display. However still no digital audio decoded or DMR CON CAP DT3 items being displayed :-(

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber

Thanks!

MY 996P2 will only show "DMR" in custom search . Using the WS1080 in custom search It will display SLOT, COLOR, TGID, & Radio ID at the same time.

Under Settings - the 996P2 has DMR Threshold Levels - Auto and Level 5 - Level 13. It would be nice for the $60.00 upgrade that it could decode without special settings. This reminds me of the Hidden P25 Threshold levels that never gave much of an improvement .

Status
Not open for further replies.